    on August 31 4500, oh the pain of it.
    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 3, 2005

  2. hmmm, I wonder why they put that there, which version?

    surely we'll be using a new version of outlook by the year 4000, let
    alone 500 yrs later :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    JohnO Guest

    Bill though 4500 years ought to be anough for anyone.

    JohnO, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    Yeah, but some people like plan their appointments well in advance :)

    AD., Feb 3, 2005
  5. Im considering ringing their helpdesk, and logging a support call... I
    wonder if Nathan/Brett could push it through to their support team quicker?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 10:48 a.m.:
    Outlook 2003 goes to that date.

    Dellesions of Grandeur and Immortality on Bill's behalf maybe

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    isnt the end of the world due round that time?
    *rushes to find my nostradamus thingy*

    froggy, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 11:10 a.m.:
    Quite round here today, with lots of users to unable to connect I suspect.

    Now let my imagination conjour up this support call; Hello MS Help
    I need to schedule a meeting with my Great Grand ........ Grand Nephew 4
    million times removed on 11 Sept 4500, but my Outlook wont accept the
    date, is the product faulty....

    Imagine the reply

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Collector»NZ said the following on 4/02/2005 11:10 a.m.:
    Opps Delusions

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 3, 2005
  10. I can't imagine anything after the fits of laughter.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 3, 2005
  11. oops opps

    :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 3, 2005
  12. Steve Marshall, Feb 3, 2005
  13. Collector»NZ

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    I see Mozilla Calendar has my last scheduled Hair cut appointment as
    December 11 2037 - that's a Friday by the way and hopefully I will still
    have some hair to cut, though the calender it's self keeps going after that.

    Chris Mayhew, Feb 3, 2005
  14. ummm, there is a hell of a lot of speculation in that one.
    might be that MS knew about this prediction and made it work for them,
    so that people who follow it think that N predicted it, but really it is
    a sinister plot by MS to rule the world on the back of the N followers,
    ummm, yeah, I don't see anything interesting here, well, except the
    Billy G quote about religion, thats kinda cool.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  15. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    froggy, Feb 4, 2005
  16. Quietly moved aside ? Bill Gates handed the CEO reigns over to Steve around
    5 years ago and assumed the role of Chief Software Architect. There was no
    "quietly" about it :)

    Now as for Nostradamus, is it true that when they dug up his coffin they
    found a plaque affixed to it which had that day's date engraved on it ? (I
    read that somewhere years ago, I think it might be time to visit snopes
    again)

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ

    Brett Roberts, Feb 4, 2005
  17. Brett Roberts said the following on 4/02/2005 1:53 p.m.:
    Dam why do all my threads from slow days end up getting refered back to
    Snopes :cool:

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  18. ummm, because you grab them from the same humour sites that I do... but
    I realise that they're humour :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  19. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 4/02/2005 4:11 p.m.:
    If they didnt tickle me I wouldnt post them, except for those posts
    where i am trolling :cool:

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  20. Now, the current Gregorian calender leap-year rules produce an average
    length for the year of 365.2425 days. But the length of the year is
    actually closer to 365.2422 days. After about 3300 years (long before
    the year 4500), this discrepancy will amount to a whole day.

    So at a minimum, we'll need a modification to the Gregorian calendar
    long before then. I'm betting, if there's anything resembling humanity
    still around, that it won't be using the Gregorian year-numbering
    anyway. It seems to me that a more rational choice of Time Zero would be
    the moment of the Big Bang, 13.7 billion years ago.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Feb 4, 2005