    3) Hit with big stick
    4) Repeat step 3 until creator no longer moves.
    5) Depose of body where it will never be found.

    Dale, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Fogar

    Dale Guest

    I meant to say set it retrieve your emails at five minute intervals.

    --
    Dale's simple method of dealing with swen creator.

    1) Identify Creator.
    2) Throw on ground.

    Dale, Sep 22, 2003

  3. No. Post the head on a stick in front of the city gates and put your
    name on a sign beneath it. Be named king.

    Steve M (remove wax for reply), Sep 23, 2003
  4. Fogar

    Thor Guest

    Not true. You can select the action "delete from server", which will prevent
    it from downloading first.

    Thor, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Fogar

    Robert Lee Guest

    Alright, you primative screwheads...

    --Robert

    Robert Lee, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Fogar

    PC HUA Guest

    There must be a stupid virus beginner trying to spread her/his virus in
    this way. I'm getting that kind of emails (attached virus) since few days.
    If I don't open that kind of mails no matter how many they send the virus
    will never be active. I'm using Yahoo mail. The only thing I'm worrying
    about is my mail box is over limit (6MB) everyday in just one night.

    Can someone do something? Can Microsoft chase them because their name is
    used? Can Yahoo block them?

    I can't do more than set a filter to move those mails to a folder which
    still occupies my storage :-(

    Okay, YOU, the STUPID VIRUS SPAMMER, in case you are reading this, please
    find a better idea to spread your virus. Your stupid spam mails have the
    same size. That's too obvious, and there are not many people interested in
    MS junks. For those people who are famliar with MS products they will
    notice that's a virus.
    A small tip, stop spamming, spend a little bit time on creating a funny
    animation then attache the virus, okay?
    Please take my advise. I don't want to see you on TV caught by FBI as the
    most stupid virus spammer the world.

    PC HUA, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Fogar

    Bill Guest

    Somehow I doubt a begiinner came up with this little gem.

    Bill, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Fogar

    Peter J Ross Guest

    I'd call 140Kb+ a *big* gem.

    I challenge anybody to beat this record:

    Filter Rule 5:
    Created: 20/09/03 08:23
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:10
    Hits: 2380
    Pattern 1: MS
    Objects: From, To
    Action: Discard message

    Filter Rule 6:
    Created: 20/09/03 08:43
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:10
    Hits: 1035
    Pattern 1: Client
    Objects: To
    Action: Discard message

    Filter Rule 7:
    Created: 20/09/03 08:43
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:09
    Hits: 830
    Pattern 1: User
    Objects: To
    Action: Discard message

    Filter Rule 9:
    Created: 20/09/03 19:12
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:09
    Hits: 537
    Pattern 1: Customer
    Objects: To
    Action: Discard message

    Filter Rule 10:
    Created: 20/09/03 19:13
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:10
    Hits: 395
    Pattern 1: Microsoft
    Objects: From, To
    Action: Discard message

    Filter Rule 12:
    Created: 20/09/03 19:14
    Last Hit: 23/09/03 06:10
    Hits: 209
    Pattern 1: recipient
    Objects: To
    Action: Discard message

    And about 300 caught by other rules.

    And several thousand before I started filtering.

    And a few hundred more on a shell account.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH!

    --
    PJR :)
    mhm34x8

    Peter J Ross, Sep 23, 2003
  9. My understanding from reading about Swen on the various antivirus sites
    is that while it can make use of this vulnerability, it does not require
    this vulnerability to infect a computer, if the computer is used for
    receiving e-mail by a drooling idiot^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsuitably
    uneducated user OR is sharing its drives with an infected computer (I'm
    not sure if the virus knows how to use "administrative shares" like
    \\computer_name\C$ that many people don't know how to get rid of -- yet
    another demonstration of Microsoft's Swiss Cheese security model) OR is
    sharing files via a file-sharing application that is designed according to
    Microsoft insecurity specifications.

    --
    Lucius Chiaraviglio
    Approximate E-mail address:

    Lucius Chiaraviglio, Sep 26, 2003
  10. It worked. Now the other step is to put English text instructions
    in your signature to explain to humans how to get your real e-mail
    address (see my signature below for an example). So far, the spambots
    haven't figured out how to interpret these instructions to undo e-mail
    address munging, although it is probably only a matter of time before they
    figure out the simpler mungings -- for instance, the legitimate e-mail
    client KMail 1.5 knows how to convert "user at domain dot net" into
    "" if you paste the former string into its "To:" field,
    so I'm sure a spambot could do the same).

    Lucius Chiaraviglio, Sep 26, 2003
  11. Fogar

    San Guest

    "Lucius Chiaraviglio" wrote > >

    I'm not sure what you mean exactly, except that one would replace the 'one'
    with a number '1'? I don't get the 'r' part.
    But as far as explaining how to get to my real address, I thought it would
    be obvious that you would just remove the words' nospam'.
    Thanks,
    San

    San, Sep 26, 2003
  12. ...and mIRC too.

    Drooling idiots are not to be blamed on Microsoft alone.
    The vulnerability in Microsofts code is too old to have
    this blame fall on them, this is primarily a clickhappy user
    problem. The network configuation that allows propagation
    is also defined by clueless users.

    FromTheRafters, Sep 26, 2003
  13. It becomes evident with monospaced type where each
    character take equal space. In outlook express you can
    go to View ~ Text size ~ fixed, then look at the sig.

    FromTheRafters, Sep 26, 2003
  14. Actually, it's worse than that -- looks like San's news reader took the
    liberty of reformatting the text in my .signature -- stuff has been moved
    between lines, and characters may have been added or removed. Workaround:
    use a news reader that isn't broken (or possibly find some settings of
    the existing news reader that fix this problem).

    Lucius Chiaraviglio, Oct 19, 2003