  1. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    "I can come right now"

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006

  2. In the words of your MCNGP buddies, Google is your friend

    Eddie Rox's No 1 Fan, Jul 9, 2006

  3. We are no cheaters. Eddie does not need to cheat, Eddie knows all.

    Eddie Rox's No 1 Fan, Jul 9, 2006
  4. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    Yeah, I would rather want your angle.

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  5. you do not know what PING means, so stop using the word.

    Eddie Rox's No 1 Fan, Jul 9, 2006
  6. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    Yeah, Eddie has meetball to talk for him, too.

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  7. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    sorry

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  8. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    Eddie is a braindump salesman?
    True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing. Knowing all implies the
    braindump business.

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  9. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    /*
    * P I N G . C
    *
    * Using the InterNet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) "ECHO" facility,
    * measure round-trip-delays and packet loss across network paths.
    *
    * Author -
    * Mike Muuss
    * U. S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory
    * December, 1983
    * Modified at Uc Berkeley
    *
    * Changed argument to inet_ntoa() to be struct in_addr instead of u_long
    * DFM BRL 1992
    *
    * Status -
    * Public Domain. Distribution Unlimited.
    *
    * Bugs -
    * More statistics could always be gathered.
    * This program has to run SUID to ROOT to access the ICMP socket.
    */

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <errno.h>
    #include <sys/time.h>

    #include <sys/param.h>
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <sys/socket.h>
    #include <sys/file.h>

    #include <netinet/in_systm.h>
    #include <netinet/in.h>
    #include <netinet/ip.h>
    #include <netinet/ip_icmp.h>
    #include <netdb.h>

    #define MAXWAIT 10 /* max time to wait for response, sec. */
    #define MAXPACKET 4096 /* max packet size */
    #define VERBOSE 1 /* verbose flag */
    #define QUIET 2 /* quiet flag */
    #define FLOOD 4 /* floodping flag */
    #ifndef MAXHOSTNAMELEN
    #define MAXHOSTNAMELEN 64
    #endif

    u_char packet[MAXPACKET];
    int i, pingflags, options;
    extern int errno;

    int s; /* Socket file descriptor */
    struct hostent *hp; /* Pointer to host info */
    struct timezone tz; /* leftover */

    struct sockaddr whereto;/* Who to ping */
    int datalen; /* How much data */

    char usage[] =
    "Usage: ping [-dfqrv] host [packetsize [count [preload]]]\n";

    char *hostname;
    char hnamebuf[MAXHOSTNAMELEN];

    int npackets;
    int preload = 0; /* number of packets to "preload" */
    int ntransmitted = 0; /* sequence # for outbound packets = #sent */
    int ident;

    int nreceived = 0; /* # of packets we got back */
    int timing = 0;
    int tmin = 999999999;
    int tmax = 0;
    int tsum = 0; /* sum of all times, for doing average */
    int finish(), catcher();
    char *inet_ntoa();

    /*
    * M A I N
    */
    main(argc, argv)
    char *argv[];
    {
    struct sockaddr_in from;
    char **av = argv;
    struct sockaddr_in *to = (struct sockaddr_in *) &whereto;
    int on = 1;
    struct protoent *proto;

    argc--, av++;
    while (argc > 0 && *av[0] == '-') {
    while (*++av[0]) switch (*av[0]) {
    case 'd':
    options |= SO_DEBUG;
    break;
    case 'r':
    options |= SO_DONTROUTE;
    break;
    case 'v':
    pingflags |= VERBOSE;
    break;
    case 'q':
    pingflags |= QUIET;
    break;
    case 'f':
    pingflags |= FLOOD;
    break;
    }
    argc--, av++;
    }
    if(argc < 1 || argc > 4) {
    printf(usage);
    exit(1);
    }

    bzero((char *)&whereto, sizeof(struct sockaddr) );
    to->sin_family = AF_INET;
    to->sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(av[0]);
    if(to->sin_addr.s_addr != (unsigned)-1) {
    strcpy(hnamebuf, av[0]);
    hostname = hnamebuf;
    } else {
    hp = gethostbyname(av[0]);
    if (hp) {
    to->sin_family = hp->h_addrtype;
    bcopy(hp->h_addr, (caddr_t)&to->sin_addr, hp->h_length);
    hostname = hp->h_name;
    } else {
    printf("%s: unknown host %s\n", argv[0], av[0]);
    exit(1);
    }
    }

    if( argc >= 2 )
    datalen = atoi( av[1] );
    else
    datalen = 64-8;
    if (datalen > MAXPACKET) {
    fprintf(stderr, "ping: packet size too large\n");
    exit(1);
    }
    if (datalen >= sizeof(struct timeval)) /* can we time 'em? */
    timing = 1;

    if (argc >= 3)
    npackets = atoi(av[2]);

    if (argc == 4)
    preload = atoi(av[3]);

    ident = getpid() & 0xFFFF;

    if ((proto = getprotobyname("icmp")) == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "icmp: unknown protocol\n");
    exit(10);
    }

    if ((s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, proto->p_proto)) < 0) {
    perror("ping: socket");
    exit(5);
    }
    if (options & SO_DEBUG) {
    if(pingflags & VERBOSE)
    printf("...debug on.\n");
    setsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_DEBUG, &on, sizeof(on));
    }
    if (options & SO_DONTROUTE) {
    if(pingflags & VERBOSE)
    printf("...no routing.\n");
    setsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_DONTROUTE, &on, sizeof(on));
    }

    if(to->sin_family == AF_INET) {
    printf("PING %s (%s): %d data bytes\n", hostname,
    inet_ntoa(to->sin_addr), datalen); /* DFM */
    } else {
    printf("PING %s: %d data bytes\n", hostname, datalen );
    }
    setlinebuf( stdout );

    signal( SIGINT, finish );
    signal(SIGALRM, catcher);

    /* fire off them quickies */
    for(i=0; i < preload; i++)
    pinger();

    if(!(pingflags & FLOOD))
    catcher(); /* start things going */

    for (;;) {
    int len = sizeof (packet);
    int fromlen = sizeof (from);
    int cc;
    struct timeval timeout;
    int fdmask = 1 << s;

    timeout.tv_sec = 0;
    timeout.tv_usec = 10000;

    if(pingflags & FLOOD) {
    pinger();
    if( select(32, &fdmask, 0, 0, &timeout) == 0)
    continue;
    }
    if ( (cc=recvfrom(s, packet, len, 0, &from, &fromlen)) < 0) {
    if( errno == EINTR )
    continue;
    perror("ping: recvfrom");
    continue;
    }
    pr_pack( packet, cc, &from );
    if (npackets && nreceived >= npackets)
    finish();
    }
    /*NOTREACHED*/
    }

    /*
    * C A T C H E R
    *
    * This routine causes another PING to be transmitted, and then
    * schedules another SIGALRM for 1 second from now.
    *
    * Bug -
    * Our sense of time will slowly skew (ie, packets will not be launched
    * exactly at 1-second intervals). This does not affect the quality
    * of the delay and loss statistics.
    */
    catcher()
    {
    int waittime;

    pinger();
    if (npackets == 0 || ntransmitted < npackets)
    alarm(1);
    else {
    if (nreceived) {
    waittime = 2 * tmax / 1000;
    if (waittime == 0)
    waittime = 1;
    } else
    waittime = MAXWAIT;
    signal(SIGALRM, finish);
    alarm(waittime);
    }
    }

    /*
    * P I N G E R
    *
    * Compose and transmit an ICMP ECHO REQUEST packet. The IP packet
    * will be added on by the kernel. The ID field is our UNIX process ID,
    * and the sequence number is an ascending integer. The first 8 bytes
    * of the data portion are used to hold a UNIX "timeval" struct in VAX
    * byte-order, to compute the round-trip time.
    */
    pinger()
    {
    static u_char outpack[MAXPACKET];
    register struct icmp *icp = (struct icmp *) outpack;
    int i, cc;
    register struct timeval *tp = (struct timeval *) &outpack[8];
    register u_char *datap = &outpack[8+sizeof(struct timeval)];

    icp->icmp_type = ICMP_ECHO;
    icp->icmp_code = 0;
    icp->icmp_cksum = 0;
    icp->icmp_seq = ntransmitted++;
    icp->icmp_id = ident; /* ID */

    cc = datalen+8; /* skips ICMP portion */

    if (timing)
    gettimeofday( tp, &tz );

    for( i=8; i<datalen; i++) /* skip 8 for time */
    *datap++ = i;

    /* Compute ICMP checksum here */
    icp->icmp_cksum = in_cksum( icp, cc );

    /* cc = sendto(s, msg, len, flags, to, tolen) */
    i = sendto( s, outpack, cc, 0, &whereto, sizeof(struct sockaddr) );

    if( i < 0 || i != cc ) {
    if( i<0 ) perror("sendto");
    printf("ping: wrote %s %d chars, ret=%d\n",
    hostname, cc, i );
    fflush(stdout);
    }
    if(pingflags == FLOOD) {
    putchar('.');
    fflush(stdout);
    }
    }

    /*
    * P R _ T Y P E
    *
    * Convert an ICMP "type" field to a printable string.
    */
    char *
    pr_type( t )
    register int t;
    {
    static char *ttab[] = {
    "Echo Reply",
    "ICMP 1",
    "ICMP 2",
    "Dest Unreachable",
    "Source Quench",
    "Redirect",
    "ICMP 6",
    "ICMP 7",
    "Echo",
    "ICMP 9",
    "ICMP 10",
    "Time Exceeded",
    "Parameter Problem",
    "Timestamp",
    "Timestamp Reply",
    "Info Request",
    "Info Reply"
    };

    if( t < 0 || t > 16 )
    return("OUT-OF-RANGE");

    return(ttab[t]);
    }

    /*
    * P R _ P A C K
    *
    * Print out the packet, if it came from us. This logic is necessary
    * because ALL readers of the ICMP socket get a copy of ALL ICMP packets
    * which arrive ('tis only fair). This permits multiple copies of this
    * program to be run without having intermingled output (or statistics!).
    */
    pr_pack( buf, cc, from )
    char *buf;
    int cc;
    struct sockaddr_in *from;
    {
    struct ip *ip;
    register struct icmp *icp;
    register long *lp = (long *) packet;
    register int i;
    struct timeval tv;
    struct timeval *tp;
    int hlen, triptime;

    from->sin_addr.s_addr = ntohl( from->sin_addr.s_addr );
    gettimeofday( &tv, &tz );

    ip = (struct ip *) buf;
    hlen = ip->ip_hl << 2;
    if (cc < hlen + ICMP_MINLEN) {
    if (pingflags & VERBOSE)
    printf("packet too short (%d bytes) from %s\n", cc,
    inet_ntoa(ntohl(from->sin_addr))); /* DFM */
    return;
    }
    cc -= hlen;
    icp = (struct icmp *)(buf + hlen);
    if( (!(pingflags & QUIET)) && icp->icmp_type != ICMP_ECHOREPLY ) {
    printf("%d bytes from %s: icmp_type=%d (%s) icmp_code=%d\n",
    cc, inet_ntoa(ntohl(from->sin_addr)),
    icp->icmp_type, pr_type(icp->icmp_type), icp->icmp_code);/*DFM*/
    if (pingflags & VERBOSE) {
    for( i=0; i<12; i++)
    printf("x%2.2x: x%8.8x\n", i*sizeof(long),
    *lp++);
    }
    return;
    }
    if( icp->icmp_id != ident )
    return; /* 'Twas not our ECHO */

    if (timing) {
    tp = (struct timeval *)&icp->icmp_data[0];
    tvsub( &tv, tp );
    triptime = tv.tv_sec*1000+(tv.tv_usec/1000);
    tsum += triptime;
    if( triptime < tmin )
    tmin = triptime;
    if( triptime > tmax )
    tmax = triptime;
    }

    if(!(pingflags & QUIET)) {
    if(pingflags != FLOOD) {
    printf("%d bytes from %s: icmp_seq=%d", cc,
    inet_ntoa(from->sin_addr),
    icp->icmp_seq ); /* DFM */
    if (timing)
    printf(" time=%d ms\n", triptime );
    else
    putchar('\n');
    } else {
    putchar('\b');
    fflush(stdout);
    }
    }
    nreceived++;
    }

    /*
    * I N _ C K S U M
    *
    * Checksum routine for Internet Protocol family headers (C Version)
    *
    */
    in_cksum(addr, len)
    u_short *addr;
    int len;
    {
    register int nleft = len;
    register u_short *w = addr;
    register u_short answer;
    register int sum = 0;

    /*
    * Our algorithm is simple, using a 32 bit accumulator (sum),
    * we add sequential 16 bit words to it, and at the end, fold
    * back all the carry bits from the top 16 bits into the lower
    * 16 bits.
    */
    while( nleft > 1 ) {
    sum += *w++;
    nleft -= 2;
    }

    /* mop up an odd byte, if necessary */
    if( nleft == 1 ) {
    u_short u = 0;

    *(u_char *)(&u) = *(u_char *)w ;
    sum += u;
    }

    /*
    * add back carry outs from top 16 bits to low 16 bits
    */
    sum = (sum >> 16) + (sum & 0xffff); /* add hi 16 to low 16 */
    sum += (sum >> 16); /* add carry */
    answer = ~sum; /* truncate to 16 bits */
    return (answer);
    }

    /*
    * T V S U B
    *
    * Subtract 2 timeval structs: out = out - in.
    *
    * Out is assumed to be >= in.
    */
    tvsub( out, in )
    register struct timeval *out, *in;
    {
    if( (out->tv_usec -= in->tv_usec) < 0 ) {
    out->tv_sec--;
    out->tv_usec += 1000000;
    }
    out->tv_sec -= in->tv_sec;
    }

    /*
    * F I N I S H
    *
    * Print out statistics, and give up.
    * Heavily buffered STDIO is used here, so that all the statistics
    * will be written with 1 sys-write call. This is nice when more
    * than one copy of the program is running on a terminal; it prevents
    * the statistics output from becomming intermingled.
    */
    finish()
    {
    putchar('\n');
    fflush(stdout);
    printf("\n----%s PING Statistics----\n", hostname );
    printf("%d packets transmitted, ", ntransmitted );
    printf("%d packets received, ", nreceived );
    if (ntransmitted)
    if( nreceived > ntransmitted)
    printf("-- somebody's printing up packets!");
    else
    printf("%d%% packet loss",
    (int) (((ntransmitted-nreceived)*100) /
    ntransmitted));
    printf("\n");
    if (nreceived && timing)
    printf("round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = %d/%d/%d\n",
    tmin,
    tsum / nreceived,
    tmax );
    fflush(stdout);
    exit(0);
    }

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  10. Yet you could not answer the question! So what does PING mean? You should be
    able to answer this question without the use of google, but then again you
    are a member of the MCNGP.

    Eddie Rox's No 1 Fan, Jul 9, 2006
  11. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    "you do not know what PING means, so stop using the word."
    ....in what way is this a question?

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  12. any_dumps

    Cerebrus Guest

    Man, what a brawl ! Just 'fess up now... Your lover Eddie has been
    banished to Antarctica, lives there naked, and tries to survive by
    selling [email protected] to the scientists involved in research there. I
    suggest you go help him and try to alleviate his circumstances first.
    Preferably, don't come back.

    BTW, PING means "Pest In News Group". Sounds like an apt description of
    you.

    Cerebrus, Jul 9, 2006
  13. any_dumps

    BD Guest

    Never! NEVER will he even be allowed to view even the *public* forum of MCNGP,
    let alone be Joining with us. He'll be Shot, Hanged, and Flogged at the door.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #51

    BD, Jul 9, 2006
  14. any_dumps

    BD Guest

    BWHAHAHAH......You have no clue of the powers we hold now. Eddie is no match for
    the MCNGP. He is better off in the cave he's been hiding in. If he comes back,
    he will only be laughed out of this forum...and faster than you
    are....BWAHAHAH....you're a Fool's fool. You're nothing but Eddie's Pawn...do
    you regularly sit and stroke his ego? If you talk to him, tell him he can su©k
    my di©k before I make him cry twice.

    Eddie is a pvssy! He's nothing! And you? You're even smaller than
    Eddie....you're an @$$goblin!!!
    I'm sure we've all got tons of seed that [email protected] can su©k. Get that worn out rump
    ranger over here. Where is he? C'mon....you're all talk...you can't produce the
    @$$monkey. Even if you could, that polesmoker wouldn't know what to do one he
    got here. He's nothing but an @$$bandit with roids.

    BD, Jul 9, 2006
  15. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    Test-answer (to see if I'm banned yet)

    Thor, Jul 9, 2006
  16. I'm banned
    Thor/fifty three

    Gorm Braarvig, Jul 9, 2006
  17. <snip>

    Welcome aboard mate :)

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne McGlinn, Jul 10, 2006
  18. any_dumps

    Thor Guest

    Thank's mate.
    I'll try to be nice.
    Starting now.

    Thor, Jul 10, 2006
  19. any_dumps

    Frisbee® Guest

    Please join me in welcoming MCNGP #54, Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus has the distinction of being our first member from India.

    Thor, once the goat arrives, you must keep the goat for at least 24 hours
    before you pack it up and ship it to Cerebrus. Cerebrus must keep the goat,
    however, until MCNGP #55 completes his/her certification.

    You'll have to forgive me for not posting a longer announcement here for
    you, Cerebrus, but that danged Norwegian beer that Thor provided at his
    party has me quite hungover.

    Membership kit yadda yadda sekrit handshake yadda yadda welcome aboard.

    Ow... my head hurts.

    I hope Indian beer is better than that stuff Thor had.

    Frisbee®, Jul 10, 2006
  20. any_dumps

    LoopBack Guest

    Welcome Thor,

    Finally you will see Kat's picture, and will gain entry to the sacred
    halls of MCNGP.

    As per MCNGP standard operation procedure, instruction 34 point 12; I
    have shaved the goat, with rusty saw blade and applied the pliers
    accordingly. The goat has been dru99ed and tied to a clue by 4 with
    duck tape. Ready for shipping. I have included some hay and will box in
    a wooden crate.

    I trust you will give the goat the treatment he requires. Now where did
    I put that saw blade... *slips on rubber gloves*

    Note to self: never shave a goat with rusty saw when pi$$ed celebrating
    new MCNGP members.

    LoopBack, Jul 10, 2006