Microsoft Bashing?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by CJ, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. CJ

    CJ Guest

    I don't understand all the bashing of Microsoft. I hear this from IT guy's
    in all of our divisions that dislike Bill Gates and Microsoft. What's all
    the fuss about?

    Personally, I'm enjoying the learning process and love Microsoft Products.
    I attend Comdex to hear Gates' speak every year and am proud of my so called
    chincy welcome kit and accomplishments. My company does not require
    certifications of any kind, but I find it fun and it certainly cannot hurt
    to learn. No one individual is an expert on every facet of networking. We
    all have our strengths and weaknesses.

    If certain people hate Microsoft so much why do they use their products? I
    work in a Microsoft, Linux, Netware, and Citrix environment and find them
    all enjoyable. Each have their pro's and con's. I will say since working
    with Microsoft I've managed to buy Microsoft stock, build my own home, go on
    2 vacations a year, and earn above average salary for a female in my region.
    Microsoft opened the door for me to earn my salary. Perhaps I could have
    studied law or medicine, but didn't have the passion for it like I do for
    networking.

    I don't mean to start a flame war here, but some person's on here are so
    negative toward one of the greatest visionaries in our lifetime.

    Regards,
    Carolina

    CJ, Jul 10, 2003

  2. CJ

    CJ Guest

    one OS comes out
    I agree. The pace is very fast. I, for one, did not like NT, but do like
    2000. Nonetheless, it's difficult to keep up anymore. It seems we're
    always in a race.

    ME [email protected] AMEN, BRO!!! hahahhaa

    CJ, Jul 10, 2003

  3. CJ

    Jude Guest

    CJ,

    I agree with you..I think that many people are jealous of
    Mr. Gates and it is a case of sour grapes. Microsoft has
    changed the world all due to the genius of Mr. Gates.

    Best Regards,

    Jude

    Jude, Jul 11, 2003
  4. I agree. Mr. Gates is what every American dreams of.
    Being an entreprenuer(sp) at what we are good at and what we love,
    and then becoming rich or having financial freedom.
    And now the government has been punishing him for actually living the
    American dream.

    Timothy Green
    Midland, TX

    Timothy A Green, Jul 11, 2003
  5. CJ

    Zenner Guest

    Hold on there...it's a big jump from praising Microsoft for what is did/does
    right...all the way to a blanket endorsement for "everything" it and its
    directors, including "Uncle Bill", have done.

    There have been a few very sign transgressions carried out in he name of
    setting standards. I am not a fan of government controls, but every business
    has to realize it does not operate in a vacuum. If other companies had
    treated the fledgling MS business the way MS has treated other up and coming
    business, there would be no Microsoft today. Monopolies are great for
    getting quick results, but they stifle innovation and progress. The whole
    focus of monopolies is to protect their business and expand at the cost of
    their competitors. Much the same as dictatorships, quick, sometimes amazing
    results..but at the cost of diversity in their citizens.

    Let's agree that Microsoft has helped "wire" the world. But it has also
    brought us constant patches and upgrades, Spam, other detritus of the
    electronic age. A reasonable trade off, but not quite deserving of
    Sainthood.

    Zenner, Jul 11, 2003
  6. CJ

    Tom Miller Guest

    There are 2 "problems" with MS. 1) Its the dominant desktop operating
    system out there. 2) MS is very competitive and wants to get into (and has
    gotten into) other market niches. (I won't even go to the legal wrangles
    that have happened).
    Because MS is successful and regularly plays hardball trying to become even
    more successful, the losers and outsiders complain....
    Tom

    Tom Miller, Jul 26, 2003