    atrocities.

    Microsoft has recognized a quality catastrophe in the open source world,
    and embraced it.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 25, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    My will this fit into the box routine for the store I am working on with
    a mate will be much worse then n squared with each item having multiple
    places and stacking orders etc to think about.

    But my idea is to push it off to the client PC via flash so that the
    server isnt tied up with it ;)

    Richard, May 25, 2009

  3. Sounds like the knapsack problem, which I think has been proven to be NP-
    complete.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 26, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    Well if it was taken to the extreme it would be, but really its just got
    to verify that the chosen packing method will take the selected items to
    prevent quoting too low for the courier costs. Its seeming that from the
    ones we have packed so far that weight is almost always the deciding
    factor on if it costs more rather then volume, so its looking like we
    can just offer to add lightweight things to the order for no additional
    delivery costs and not bother with the fancy maths

    Richard, May 26, 2009