Microsoft announces External HD-DVD drive for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Air Raid, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

    Microsoft announces External HD-DVD drive for Xbox 360

    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9995/Bill-Gates-Announces-External-HD-DVD-Drive-for-Xbox-360/

    HD DVD for Xbox 360

    Building on Xbox 360 leadership in high-definition experiences, the
    company announced plans to deliver a new Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive
    in 2006. The new drive will offer millions of Xbox 360 owners the
    ability to easily enjoy HD DVD movies and will provide consumers with
    even more choices for experiencing high-definition content, in either
    physical or digital form.

    Using Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service today, consumers are already
    able to access high-definition entertainment such as Xbox Live Arcade
    titles, game demos and high-definition movie trailers. Consumers can
    also use their Xbox 360 system to access high-definition television and
    movies from their Windows XP-based Media Center PC.

    Air Raid, Jan 5, 2006

  2. It's external *and* HD-DVD? That's two down. :)

    BluRay's gonna win anyway, and the PS3 will have it *internal*.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Air Raid

    Goro Guest

    and this after all that "No, we're not going to have HD-DVD on XboX"
    nonsense.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Air Raid

    Goro Guest

    M$ WANTED to have a BluRay external, but needed Sony to output a clear
    video stream. Nope. BluRay outputs a DRM'd stream and so XboX can't
    use it. Which then begs the quesitonas to whether HD-DVD is going to
    output a non-DRM'd stream.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 5, 2006
  5. Air Raid

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    And they will fail before they get in two years worth of ownership
    time down.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
  6. Air Raid

    Goro Guest

    This may be true. If it is, though, Sony will likely still achieve its
    goal. If people have teh PS3 + BR, then they might start buying BR
    discs. If they have alot of BR Discs and the PS3 fails, they'll prolly
    buy a standalone BR Player.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 5, 2006
  7. Air Raid

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    Hahahaha... It's a wild world, eh?

    So, why isn't the xbox group crossed into this crap?

    What is it with these article cut-n-paste trolls that they have to
    cross to ten friggin groups?

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
  8. Air Raid

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    The point is that all the hardware guys are gonna win, and it will
    be at those consumers that buy into its expense.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
  9. Air Raid

    Rod Speed Guest

    They do it to piss anal fools like you off.

    Rod Speed, Jan 5, 2006
  10. Air Raid

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    I'd rather be anal (though no fool, asshole), than a brain dead twit
    like the AllanTard, you, or any of the other utter retards.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 5, 2006
  11. Air Raid

    Rod Speed Guest

    Is this where I'm sposed to curl up and die or sumfin ?

    Soorree, needs something.

    Rod Speed, Jan 5, 2006
  12. Air Raid

    Eric Gisin Guest