Microsoft admits "critical" flaw

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Voodoo, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Voodoo

    Voodoo Guest

    Voodoo, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Voodoo

    Rob K Guest

    A quote:

    "He said the problem software was "an extremely deep and pervasive
    technology in Windows".

    So much for clarity....

    I've got some catching up to do on the subject "Microsoft and security"
    <grins> but I'd like to read more... this is just odd.

    Rob K, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Voodoo

    why? Guest

    Would be which of the many 'critical' flaws?

    It's much nicer if you post the long and short URL as it's not easy to
    see where any of a zillion sites the tiny version ends up at.

    Best of all would be,
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/
    or to the current notices
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/20040210_windows.asp

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-007
    ASN.1 Vulnerability Could Allow Code Execution (828028)
    Issued: February 10, 2004
    Version Number: 1.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-007.asp

    Funny that, I thought there was a previous ASN.1 flaw.

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
    Issued: February 2, 2004
    Updated: February 9, 2004
    Version Number: 1.4
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.asp

    Same as before, not even a week went by before a patch was patched.

    So it's business as normal.

    As for
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-006
    Vulnerability in the Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) Could Allow
    Code Execution (830352)
    Issued: February 10, 2004
    Version Number: 1.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-006.asp

    WINS will quite happily fail without any help.

    Nice to see the MS safe computing scheme (for the Win 2003 stuff) at
    work, all 3 are remote calls again.

    Me

    why?, Feb 11, 2004
  4. And what else is new?

    Mr.SlippyFist, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Voodoo

    Gil Guest

    Exactly what i was thinking. LOL

    Gil, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Voodoo

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    I hope you have strong reading glasses
    Searched the web for microsoft + critical + security + flaws.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Feb 11, 2004