    Some people who post on this ng use it.
    I'm looking around for something friendly to use.
    Joy

    joy, Mar 30, 2005

  2. joy

    colinco Guest

    What is it, I did search the internet but couldn't find the explanation.
    Some people who post on this ng use it.
    I'm looking around for something friendly to use.
    Joy
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm surprised you know the name yet couldn't find out what it was.
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html

    colinco, Mar 30, 2005

  3. joy

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:32:36 +1200, in message
    MicroPlanet Gravity is a Usenet news client.
    You missed this page: http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

    Try this Google search:
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=MicroPlanet+"Gravity+is"

    Try it and see whether it fits with your way of working.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 30, 2005
  4. joy

    BILL Guest

    I'm surprised you know the name yet couldn't find out what it was.
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html[/QUOTE]

    Patrick was the avid user of it, but I don't know if he still is..

    BILL, Mar 30, 2005
  5. joy

    BILL Guest

    I'm surprised you know the name yet couldn't find out what it was.
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html[/QUOTE]

    Patrick was the avid user of it, but I don't know if he still is..

    Seems like he has dropped it and using Mozilla Thunderbird.

    But that is not a News Reader, its a Bundle..

    BILL, Mar 30, 2005
  6. joy

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Mar 30, 2005
  7. joy

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:20:38 +1200, in message

    Mozilla Thunderbird bundles together a news reader with an email client.
    The same goes for Agent 2.0, which you are using.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 30, 2005
  8. joy

    Keith Guest

    Heh heh
    If you know where to look you probably don't need to look. The phrase
    to search for is "Tom's Gravity pages"

    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

    There is also a link there to the Open Source enhancement of the
    product but the SourceForge product is missing things like a spell
    checker

    Keith, Mar 30, 2005
  9. joy

    Mike Dee Guest

    Uh, no it's not.

    Mike Dee, Mar 31, 2005
  10. joy

    Keith Guest

    Keith, Mar 31, 2005
  11. joy

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Mar 31, 2005
  12. joy

    Keith Guest

    Oops my bad. "UPDATE Preliminary spell checker added"

    Still, there are changes from 2.6 to 2.7 (removed modules) that might
    warrant a novice user to start with 2.7

    (and the "Boss" toggle has been removed!).

    Keith, Mar 31, 2005
  13. joy

    Mike Dee Guest

    I wouldn't know. I do like the open source MP Gravity as a news client,
    especially now that it has 'Perl Compatible Regular Expressions' PCRE.

    However I prefer the Xnews UI above other alternatives, so far.

    Mike Dee, Mar 31, 2005
  14. I've used Gravity for years and years and I am just happy with it.
    Subscribing/unsubscribing is much more intuitive than Agent - which I
    keep trying once every year or two, and stop using after a few days.

    Using 2.60 now, I think, and find nothing wrong with it. No reason for
    me to go 2.7 ...

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 31, 2005
  15. joy

    BILL Guest

    Funny That I tried Gravity a few times, ie reinstalled as a few seems to
    thing it was great, the biggest piece of crap I have found

    Agent is still the best their is..

    Been using it since day one..

    But the its not FREE.

    BILL, Mar 31, 2005
  16. joy

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    It's the best free newsreader around
    I have tried quite a few free newsreaders
    Gravity is a free version of what was developed as a commercial product
    Every bit as good as Agent but not limited in the free version

    Download from
    http://gravity.sf.net/

    Fred Bloggs, Mar 31, 2005
  17. joy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Hmm...different Gravity, I think?

    -=rjh=-, Apr 1, 2005
  18. joy

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    Same one
    There's been about four different major versions of it
    v1.0 Microplanet Gravity
    v1.1 Anawave Gravity
    v2.x Back to Microplanet
    v2.5 Free version (doesn't require registration)
    v2.6 Update of free but still closed source (Super Gravity). Microplanet
    went out of business
    v2.7 Open source version
    The current product still carries "Microplanet Gravity" banners

    Fred Bloggs, Apr 1, 2005
  19. joy

    shannon Guest

    Don't think so

    "Gravity Coming Soon

    Gravity is an application framework built on top of the Open Services
    Gateway Initiative (OSGi) services gateway framework. The main goal of
    Gravity is to make it simple to build applications whose component
    building blocks are highly dynamic with respect to their availability;
    in other words, the components may come or go at any time.

    The first step towards this goal is the OSGi Service Binder.

    A complete demo of Gravity is also available. "

    shannon, Apr 1, 2005
  20. joy

    BILL Guest

    Its the biggest piece of Crap around..