    Also, does anybody know where I can buy a 512mb microdrive in the UK? There
    only seems to be 1GB available now.
    Regards.

    Stu, Aug 29, 2003

  2. "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    news:M6K3b.7608$:

    > As header really.
    > I have a Dimage 7i.(currently in for repair) The Compactflash card
    > gets hot during use. I am wondering if microdrives get as hot as CF
    > cards. If not then I would be interested in buying one.

    Its the camera that gets hot and makes the card hot: a microdrive will get
    just as hot (OK, a tiny bit more than) as a solid state card.

    > Also, does anybody know where I can buy a 512mb microdrive in the UK?
    > There only seems to be 1GB available now.

    512MByte microdrive completely uneconomic now: I can (and just did) buy a
    512MByte solid state CF I card for £73. I've now got more solid state
    storage than my 340MByte and 1GByte microdrives put together.

    --Sophie

    Sophie Wilson, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Stu

    Barty Guest

    Maybe/maybe not. Doesn't matter because you can damage the microdrive much
    more easily with heat than the CF.

    Ian

    Barty, Aug 29, 2003