    105 is 157.5mm, dont know how it effects the 1:1

    Mick Brown
    www.photo.net/photos/mlbrown

    Mick Brown, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Ken Tough

    Tom Scales Guest

    The actual focal length will always be 105. The 'effective' focal length,
    because of the crop, is 157.5.

    I'll be more knowledgeable about the difference soon, as I own the 60 now
    and the 105 is in the mail to me.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Ken Tough

    Alan Browne Guest

    Focal length does not change at all. The image is cropped.

    The focal length remains 105mm.

    The 1:1 ratio is unchanged. (The overall image size is smaller, but the
    size of an object on the sensor is the same as the object. As it is
    with film).

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Mar 29, 2005