    only be macro. This will be used on a D70, if that makes any difference
    other than the1.5 ratio? Thanks.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Rita  Ä Berkowitz

    Jim Guest

    My Micro 105 f2.8 will outdo my 28-105 zoom at the macro end. 105 f2.8 is
    not necessarily sharper than non-macro lenses at longer distances.
    Of course, my preference for normal photos with a 105 mm lens would be my
    105 f2.5 lens.
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Rita  Ä Berkowitz

    Gadgets Guest

    Get em for $50-100 cheaper in eBay shops, but also compare Adorama. The
    28-105 only does 1:2 doesn't it? 105 will do 1:1.

    From what I've heard it's a nice sharp lens - if you need to save a few
    dollars and can handle the closer working distance, then also check out the
    60mm Micro.

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Sep 27, 2004