  1. David Taylor

    android Guest

    ;-)

    android, Jun 3, 2014

  2. David Taylor

    Sandman Guest

    Well, the 18-200 Nikkor isn't a great lens, but it's not half-bad either.
    The Sony 28-70 isn't a Zeiss lens (the Zeiss version is a 28-70/4, the one
    I've been talking about is the Sony 28-70/3.5-5.6), but it's been getting
    some good reviews. I don't own it myself.

    The Zeiss lens weighs a bit more and is larger.

    Sandman, Jun 3, 2014

  3. David Taylor

    RichA Guest

    People need to be reminded that anything under a D7000 cannot use older Nikon lenses because of the lack of metering and drive motor in-camera for auto focusing. You can focus with manual lenses, but you can't meter, you have to guess the exposure and try it.

    RichA, Jun 4, 2014
  4. David Taylor

    Guest Guest

    People need to be reminded that anything under a D7000 cannot use older Nikon
    lenses because of the lack of metering and drive motor in-camera for auto
    focusing. You can focus with manual lenses, but you can't meter, you have to guess the exposure and try it.[/QUOTE]

    wrong.

    the lenses work just fine except for they won't autofocus.

    the autofocus system is still operational with focus confirmation.

    metering is *not* a problem in any mode and there's no need to guess
    anything.

    Guest, Jun 4, 2014
  5. David Taylor

    Sandman Guest

    We weren't talking about older lenses.

    Sandman, Jun 4, 2014
  6. David Taylor

    RichA Guest

    Yes, I should have said, manual lenses like a modified F, AI and AI-S won't meter in any mode on cameras lower in number than the D7000 and that goes all the way back to the D100.

    RichA, Jun 5, 2014
  7. David Taylor

    RichA Guest

    Even so, what should be mentioned is that the mirror-less cameras with their short focus registration distance can use (with adapters) virtually any lens ever made, whereas these cheaper Nikons can only use some Nikon lenses and whatever aftermarket lenses were made to support it.

    RichA, Jun 5, 2014
  8. David Taylor

    android Guest

    The Sony 24-70 is Zeiss labeled...

    android, Jun 5, 2014
  9. David Taylor

    android Guest

    As far as I can understand the 7000 is the successor of the 300

    android, Jun 5, 2014
  10. David Taylor

    PeterN Guest

    And you would have been wrong. I had no issues with my old converted to
    Ai lenses on my D200, D300 and D800.

    PeterN, Jun 5, 2014
  11. David Taylor

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Jun 5, 2014
  12. David Taylor

    android Guest

    Ahhhh..... So you do admit that you're not perfect. The Pope should
    take notes... ;-)

    android, Jun 5, 2014
  13. David Taylor

    android Guest

    Well! It is in practice for those who desire a whether sealed 1/2 frame
    camera from Nikon. The 7000 series is their top offering in the crop
    category.

    android, Jun 5, 2014
  14. David Taylor

    Guest Guest

    Well! It is in practice for those who desire a whether sealed 1/2 frame
    camera from Nikon. The 7000 series is their top offering in the crop
    category.[/QUOTE]

    the d7000/d7100 is the d300/d300s successor, other than the limited
    buffer. they have a much better sensor, more capable focusing system
    and much more.

    Guest, Jun 5, 2014
  15. David Taylor

    Sandman Guest

    It's only the idiotic trolls in here that keep calling me perfect :)

    Sandman, Jun 5, 2014