    Thanks ahead...

    --
    Dave

    Dave Hardenbrook, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Dave Hardenbrook

    Paul Guest

    "Dave Hardenbrook" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Here is a problem that I can't find an answer to in any hardware or A+
    > book: I have a Micro ATX system that is dead -- No power. I'm sure it's
    > either the Power Supply or Mobo but which? I have no access to a
    > working Micro ATX system but I do to an ATX. My question is, is it
    > safe (for purely diagnostic purposes) to plug a Micro ATX Power supply
    > into a Full ATX Mobo or vice versa?
    >
    > Thanks ahead...
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    I would vote YES. And try a known good PS on the Micro MB. Voltages are
    gonna be the same.
    Can someone back me up on this.

    (I'm going over
    here in case his whole workshop blows up!)

    Paul in Australia

    Paul, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Dave Hardenbrook

    Captain Lon Guest

    Put this in your toolbox.

    http://www.xpcgear.com/pstester.html

    --
    Captain Lon

    "Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

    Captain Lon, Apr 15, 2005
  4. On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:48:17 +1000, "Paul" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dave Hardenbrook" <> wrote in message
    >> Here is a problem that I can't find an answer to in any hardware or A+
    >> book: I have a Micro ATX system that is dead -- No power. I'm sure it's
    >> either the Power Supply or Mobo but which? I have no access to a
    >> working Micro ATX system but I do to an ATX. My question is, is it
    >> safe (for purely diagnostic purposes) to plug a Micro ATX Power supply
    >> into a Full ATX Mobo or vice versa?
    >>
    >> Thanks ahead...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave

    >I would vote YES. And try a known good PS on the Micro MB. Voltages are
    >gonna be the same.
    >Can someone back me up on this.

    If one supply or the other is a Dell, I think there is a compatibility
    issue...that used to be the case at least.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 18, 2005