    Some example would be of great help.

    Thanks,

    Jack.

    Jack, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Jack

    voipguy Guest

    Re: MGCP requested event vs. detect event

    Jack,
    A requested event would be sent in an RQNT message, and might be for
    something
    like "offhook" or "onhook". Once the call agent has sent this to the
    gateway,
    then when it detects such an event, it will send it via a NTFY message.

    If I recall correctly, I think quarantine works like this:
    If multiple events occur on an interface, they must be sent one at a
    time, with
    only one event outstanding in the transmit queue. Let's say the person
    presses a series of digits, and the call agent asked for one digit at a
    time (not GW digit collection).

    Since MGCP sends over UDP, it can't just send them all up to the call
    agent
    because some messages could be lost, and would require retransmission.
    The GW can only send one at a time, in FIFO order. It sends the event,
    waits for an ack,
    then sends the next event. Otherwise, some UDP messages would get
    through,
    and others might not. Then the CA has no idea what the real digit order
    was supposed
    to have been, even though with retransmission it got all of them.

    The first digit will be sent to the CA in an NTFY, and the GW waits for
    an ACK.
    Subsequent events (while an ACK is outstanding) will go into the
    quarantine buffer, and dequeued and sent as
    events are acknowledged. Same thing goes for something like
    offhook/onhook
    sequences. These have to be naintained and processed in order, or the
    MGC
    doesn't know what the current hookstate is.

    Hope this is helpful.

    voipguy, Feb 22, 2005