    using various placements/nonplacements of the quotes, were
    unsuccessful. Is this possible?

    p.

    Paul_B, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Paul_B

    why? Guest

    Ultraedit has a replacement for notepad.exe which helps a lot as
    anything trying to launch c:\winnt\notepad.exe runs Ultraedit instead.
    You did try something like

    metapad -?

    or

    metapad /?

    Then you most likely want to set that as a startup switch , more in the
    line of

    metapad -defaultdir=

    You guess is more like a filename, and not an option.
    RTFM for command line options or if that's a non-starter
    and it's metapad by A.Davidson ,
    online readme
    http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/metapad.txt
    contact
    http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/contact.html
    although it's not an active project

    Get another editor.
    Me

    why?, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Paul_B

    Paul_B Guest

    Using the slash did bring up an error dialog listing command
    options. Interesting, but nothing to do what I want. The other
    gambits didn't work. The manual was read and revealed nothing.
    Another quick text editor? No way! :)

    Maybe the key is to trace where the shortcuts are kept, and see
    if the Start in parameter could be lifted out and placed
    elsewhere in the registry, to govern metapad's general behavior.
    As yet, I can't find the shortcuts. I suspect they're kept in
    ClassID form, which is foreign to me.

    p.

    Paul_B, Sep 13, 2005