messenger..disturbs !

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by leo veger, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. leo veger

    leo veger Guest

    I' m using Norton Security System.

    1) Inspite of the fact that I never use Microsoft Messenger ,
    2) Inspite of the fact that I disabled Microsoft Messenger ,
    3) Inspite of the fact that I tried to delete Microsoft Messenger from my
    software ,

    Norton-notification pops up (every 5 minutes or so) on my screen :

    A session of "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" tries to get on the
    internet

    IT MAKES ME CRAZY !! How do I get this out of my system ????

    Is this the strenght of Microsoft ....Why can't I disable or delete
    msmsgs.exe ......??

    Thanx, leo

    *********

    VEGERPHOTOGRAPHY

    F. ++ 31 (0)20 - 6225789
    M. ++ 31 (0)06 - 54972285

    leo veger, Dec 18, 2003

  2. leo veger

    Daniel Badke Guest

    leo veger schrieb:

    use xp antispy, but only choose the option for deinstalling the
    messenger, perhaps some other, but of course not all, that can cause
    problems. it will kill that annoying messenger.

    Daniel Badke, Dec 18, 2003

  3. leo veger

    Brian H¹© Guest

    leo veger said:
    You could set Messenger to manual from within Administrative Tools.
    That is assuming you have 2000/NT or XP.
    But who knows what your OS is, only you can say for sure.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 18, 2003
  4. leo veger

    ries Guest

    you can delete the directory of messenger (c:/prog files/messenger/). it's
    no harm to windows, et viola!
    also try to clean up your register while you're busy, every hit with windows
    messenger can be deleted (only 'windows messenger'! not other hits with
    'messenger'!) but just deleting the directory would do.

    ries, Dec 18, 2003