Messed up program on Cisco 2509

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kevin, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    I am guessing I made a mistake.

    I put a new configuration into a 2509 and when I was done, I had lost
    access to the enable and admin access. For some reason, the user login
    still works but with a different login id than I had programmed (the old
    one).

    The configuration looks like it is there (The menu is for sure) but I can't
    access the priv access accounts anymore.

    So... I need to blow away the config and start over and this time program
    the passwords correctly...

    How do I do this?

    BTW, I did the account access like:

    clock timezone MST -7
    enable password 7 NEWPASS
    username admin privilege 15 password 7 NEWPASS
    username admin autocommand menu uc
    username wan password 7 NEWPASS
    ip subnet-zero

    With the NEWPASS being the passwords for each that I wanted to use. Need to
    check on how to fix that.

    Kevin, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Kevin

    Kevin Guest