    THE PROCEDURE ENTRY POINT GET PROCESS IMAGE FILE NAME W COULD NOT BE LOCATED
    IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY PSAPI.DLL.

    What does this mean?

    skip torres, Dec 31, 2006

  2. skip  torres

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Dec 31, 2006

  3. skip  torres

    Daave Guest

    From http://www.updatexp.com/ie7-issues.html :

    #8 The "SmartBridge" PSAPI.DLL Error Message

    After installing IE7 you may get an error message that says something
    like:

    The procedure entry point 'GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be
    allocated in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll'

    This is an error to do with some "broadband helper" software your ISP
    has installed on your computer and is easy to fix:

    To work around this error:

    Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge which should be
    something like:

    Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help\SmartBridge

    Now find the file PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL

    Now reboot the computer.

    The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the C:\Windows\System32
    directory and function normally...

    Please Note: You will need to substitute "BT Broadband Help" for the
    name of your own ISP

    Daave, Dec 31, 2006
  4. skip  torres

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:23:29 GMT, skip torres wrote:

    SHOUTING IN CAPS, for some reason.
    Ah, lucky you 1 of the more popular ones :)

    However it's easier if you mention OS and if it was after upgrading to
    IE7.

    procedure entry point name w psapi.dll

    Try the above in www.google.com

    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ThePr...dInTheDynamicLinkLibraryPSAPIDLLAfterIE7.aspx

    WinDrivers Computer Tech Support Forums - PSAPI.DLL error message
    Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in
    the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL This happened after I downloaded IE
    7 beta. ...
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=75854 - 98k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Yahoo! Answers - "the procedure entry point GET PROCESS IMAGE FILE ...
    the procedure entry point get process image file name w could not be
    found in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL To work around this error:
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061213091608AAYsfit -
    55k - Cached - Similar pages

    Error messsage - MSDN Forums
    The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileName W could not be located
    in ... the name so that the dll loader doesn't find that version of
    psapi.dll and ...
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=882605&SiteID=1 -
    134k - Cached - Similar pages

    MotiveSB exe ... Process Image File Name W ... PSAPI.DLL - CNET ...
    Procedure Entry Point Get process Image File Name W ... Dymamic Links
    Library PSAPI.DLL Not found. The above was all in one message. I clicked
    ok. ...
    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=223106&messageID=2345766
    - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

    IE7 ...
    The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located
    in the ... File Name W could not be located in the dynamic link library
    PSAPI.DLL" ...
    http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=701324 - 35k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Dec 31, 2006
  5. skip  torres

    Tester Guest

    Maybe some program is trying to do something that is only in version
    5.4 and after of PSAPI.DLL and when you installed another program it
    installed version 4.72 of PSAPI.DLL? (I'm just making up these version
    numbers.)

    Try http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?psapi

    Before you install it make sure to make a backup of any old copies you
    might have.

    Tester, Dec 31, 2006
  6. skip  torres

    Leythos Guest

    I just had a customer do a Yahoo SBC install on their personal computer
    at home, they reported the same issue.

    A search found three instances of the DLL, all in the [provider name]
    folders (three different folders). Renamed them to DLL_ and rebooted, no
    more issues.

    There are also instances in the System32 and I386 folders on their boot
    drive.

    They appear to have no problems with DSL service after removing the
    files (DLL).

    Leythos, Dec 31, 2006
  7. skip  torres

    why? Guest

    Well that helps explain things, making up numbers always works.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 31, 2006