Message I got from Blockbuster.com re no movies being sent

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by rick, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. rick

    rick Guest

    It's been about 4-5 days since I was sent the next DVD in my queue. I
    did have 3 or 4 that are listed as Available. Then I found 3 more
    that are Available. Still nothing. Now I get the email from BB
    below. Granted, I don't have 30 in my queue, probably half that.
    There are not 30 movies that I care to see, or haven't already seen.

    Other than dumping BB, any tricks involved in getting this moving? Oh,
    and to let you know, I've been a BB.com customer for about a year or
    more now, and have never had this problem. And I live in Houston,
    Texas, so I wouldn't think I'm far removed from a distribution center.
    There for awhile it was pretty good: with Total Access, I'd get a
    movie in the mail, watch it, return it to BB store, get a free one in
    exchange there, then hit the DVD problem internal link, checking the
    box that says I returned a DVD, but it hasn't cleared my queue. BB
    would then send the next one out the next day at the latest. Sure
    would be nice to get back to that.

    -------------------

    Hello Rick,

    Thanks for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care.

    I'm sorry we haven't been able to send your requested movies recently,
    Rick. Unfortunately, the total number of "Available" titles in your
    Queue is a little low. If a title at the top of your Queue is not
    available at a nearby center, the system automatically searches for
    the title at other distribution centers throughout our network. If the
    top Queue selections fall outside of an acceptable shipping window, we
    will ship a title that falls lower in the Queue. This process looks
    for "Available" titles 30-deep within your queue. We do this so your
    shipping times will be faster, and so there is no interruption to your
    service. On occasion, if your top selections are not available and you
    have few titles in Queue, a shipment may be skipped. Based on this
    process, we encourage our customers to keep upwards of 30-40
    "Available" titles in the Queue at all times. I hope this information
    helps, Rick. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for
    you.

    rick, Mar 7, 2007

  2. rick

    GREG NIEMI Guest

    Hi, this is the reason I quit BB and sticking to Netflix.

    GREG NIEMI, Mar 7, 2007

  3. I got that same form email when I stopped getting movies last week. Problem
    is, I have about 25 movies that say 'available'. When I replied to that
    email to inform them of this, I got a short and sweet 'we are working on the
    problem'. Well, I am working on reversing the credit card charges from
    Blockbuster this month.

    I signed up for Netflix Sunday, and got 3 movies Tuesday. Bye Bye (again)
    Blockbuster. It's been almost 2 weeks since they have shipped me a movie.

    Hole In The Earth \(I'm Out\), Mar 7, 2007
  4. rick

    GREG NIEMI Guest

    Problem with BB is they don't care about customer service. They have enough
    fools paying and don't care

    GREG NIEMI, Mar 7, 2007
  5. rick

    def456 Guest

    <snip>

    Obviously you must have 30 movies in your queue or they won't ship you
    anything. It's their new system. So fill up your queue to 30-40 movies and
    forget about it, or switch to Netflix. Netflix also advises 30 movies in
    your queue, if I recall correctly, but don't believe that affects their
    shipping. I have about 60 movies in my queue and pay for 6-out at a time, so
    it doesn't affect me.

    def456, Mar 7, 2007