    over my bunk at night listening to my prayers and making sure I get a good
    night's sleep. IOW, I don't have to be insane in order to be a good
    citizen.......

    William Graham, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Alan Browne

    ASAAR Guest

    But it can also result in God-appeasing sacrifices. Of the two
    options, filing lawsuits against God causes no harm (which any right
    thinking God readily acknowledges) and indicates a much greater
    degree of sanity than that exhibited by the God fearing mobs.

    ASAAR, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Alan Browne

    Bill Funk Guest

    Yes.
    If the atheists are right,there's no problem.
    If they are wrong...

    Bill Funk, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Even if the atheists are wrong, they'll have lots of company in Hell.

    Most religions tell you that you're damned if you don't believe their
    particular flavor of religion, and they can't all be right. And there's no
    way to tell which is right.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 29, 2006
  5. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Is this the moral and ethical William Graham who, in another thread, was
    telling us how he plans to keep driving at night on unlit roads, even
    though he is so night-blind that he can't see where he is going? If so,
    then your above answer is meaningless, and you may soon find out if
    there is a God, or not. Good luck.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 29, 2006
  6. Alan Browne

    Cynicor Guest

    What stops a Christian from doing the same?

    If you really want to know what God has to say, listen to our president.
    Bush says that God speaks through him.

    Cynicor, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Alan Browne

    Mark² Guest

    Bush has never said that.

    Mark², Dec 29, 2006
  8. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    None are right. They are all creations of man and they all indoctrinate
    their "followers" from early childhood in order to guarantee growing
    generations of followers. All of them at one point or another used
    violence in the furtherance of the religion as "God's will"

    An atheist is not evil by definition and does recognize and practice a
    moral code of conduct. The Golden Rule is not reserved for "believers".

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 29, 2006
  9. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    1) http://www.irregulartimes.com/godspeaksthroughme.html

    2) A heresay account:

    In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC
    TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu
    Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign
    Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

    Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a
    mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those
    terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me,
    "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I
    feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and
    get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And
    by God I'm gonna do it.'"

    3) During his presidential campaign, George W. Bush said he'd been
    `called' to seek higher office and talked openly about his faith
    http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=808

    etc.

    Alan Browne, Dec 29, 2006
  10. Alan Browne

    ASAAR Guest

    It doesn't follow that even *one* may be right. If and when one
    arrives, God may say to its leader, Mr. Right (can't be female,
    eh?), "Tag. You're It. I've been waiting eons for this, thank you
    very much, and as Groucho once sang, 'I must be going'."

    ASAAR, Dec 29, 2006
  11. Are you all aware that you are broadcasting this nonsense to many groups
    where such BS is considered inappropriate?

    Q.G. de Bakker, Dec 29, 2006
  12. Alan Browne

    ASAAR Guest

    Are you aware . . . No, I don't think that you are.

    ASAAR, Dec 29, 2006
  13. Alan Browne

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Dec 29, 2006
  14. Alan Browne

    Bill Funk Guest

    Saying that Bush said that God speaks to him is different from saying
    that Bush said God speaks through him.

    Bill Funk, Dec 29, 2006
  15. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    This part:

    In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC
    TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu
    Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign
    Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

    Doesn't give you a clue?

    And just because a person has a religious faith, be in Islam, Christian,
    Jewish, or Shinto, doesn't mean he thinks "God speaks through him."
    Your anti religious bias is showing.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 29, 2006
  16. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Me thinks some of these guys need to read "Stranger in a Strange Land".

    Ron Hunter, Dec 29, 2006
  17. Alan Browne

    ASAAR Guest

    Me too, but it'll have to wait, maybe until Valentine's day. I've
    had the book for decades but I might go for the audiobook version
    instead. I just bought Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces a couple of
    days ago but haven't gotten very far as the first CD was completely
    blank. Audio that is, the artwork was fine.

    ASAAR, Dec 29, 2006
  18. And you may find out along with me, you stupid ass........

    William Graham, Dec 29, 2006
  19. Alan Browne

    Mark² Guest

    He has said "God speaks to me", but that is quite different. The two sound
    similar when not on a microphone, and I note that the "supposed quote" was
    merely something someone "overheard".

    Mark², Dec 29, 2006
  20. Alan Browne

    Mark² Guest