  1. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Maybe because you have nothing to celebrate? Makes sense to MY sane mind.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006

  2. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yeah, all you have to do is pick a day, and convince your boss it is an
    atheist holiday. Of course, you might not want to use that word
    (holiday) as it is clearly religion related. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006

  3. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    That'll work. Tiger ROCKS!

    Ron Hunter, Dec 26, 2006
  4. Alan Browne

    Cgiorgio Guest

    Not only to the Atheists, also to the Pagans from whom the saturnalia
    holidays were stolen in the year 354 !

    Cgiorgio, Dec 26, 2006
  5. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Can't get my girlfriend to go to the orgy...

    Alan Browne, Dec 26, 2006
  6. Alan Browne

    Noons Guest

    Ditto!

    Noons, Dec 26, 2006
  7. All the best for the New Year, especially Health, Peace and Happiness.

    If you had to pick just one of the three what would be your
    choice...

    Nicholas O. Lindan, Dec 26, 2006
  8. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Health.

    Alan Browne, Dec 26, 2006
  9. Alan Browne

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Then if there's one still left for me, I'll pick peace.

    I have a feeling that if we had a little more peace, there'd be
    a lot less stress, and perhaps we'd all have a little better health. :)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 26, 2006
  10. Alan Browne

    Pudentame Guest

    If I only get one wish, make it Wisdom.

    Pudentame, Dec 26, 2006
  11. Happiness. The health and peace are worthless if you're not happy.

    Bruce.

    Bruce Chastain, Dec 26, 2006
  12. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Not stolen, merely cooperated with. Most Christians in those days were
    either slaves, or servants, and that was the day they were traditionally
    given the day off. It made sense to celebrate it as Jesus' birthday,
    even though he almost certainly was born in the early summer.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  13. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Health.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  14. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    With health, and peace, most people would be happy. Happy was never so
    important to me as satisfied.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  15. Alan Browne

    Colin_D Guest

    Health. True happiness cannot be achieved if you are ill, in pain, or
    terminal. Neither is there peace if your health is bad; suffering from
    depression, side effects from medications, pain, loss of mobility; maybe
    facing your mortality. You may obtain a pseudo-peace if you are
    religious, but the stress is still there, not only with yourself, but
    your loved ones as well.

    Of course, you can have health and not be happy or peaceful, but in my
    book, health is a prerequisite for the other two states.

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Dec 27, 2006
  16. I guess I am a pessimist, I look at the choice as

    Pick 1 scenario:

    I am in the midst of a war
    I am unhappy
    I am healthy

    I am in the midst of a war
    I am terminally ill
    I am happy

    I am terminally ill
    I am unhappy
    I am in a country at peace

    ==============================

    At one time there was an office joke that made the rounds:

    Your project can be either

    o On budget
    o On schedule
    o Bug free

    Pick two...

    When it should have read:

    How would you like your project:

    o Over budget
    o Late
    or o Buggy

    Nicholas O. Lindan, Dec 27, 2006
  17. We celebrate life......We leave it to the religious nuts to celebrate
    death.......:^)

    William Graham, Dec 27, 2006
  18. Alan Browne

    Annika1980 Guest

    Happy don't count if you're dead.

    Former Heavyweight Champion, Larry Holmes, was once asked how he'd like
    to be remembered. "As the longest living black man in history," was
    the champ's reply.

    Annika1980, Dec 27, 2006
  19. =?iso-8859-1?B?bWlubmVz+HR0aQ==?=, Dec 27, 2006
  20. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, Dec 27, 2006