    way to make a buck at it.

    Although Happy Trails To You seems to me to be pretty
    nondenominational.

    J. Clarke, Dec 25, 2006

  2. Alan Browne

    Pudentame Guest

    Not everyone gets paid holidays. Still, I intend to enjoy the day anyway.

    I'm up, the coffee's brewing as I write and later I'm going out and poke
    around with my camera before I hit the Chinese Buffet.

    Someone else wrote "peace to all men of good will." It occurs to me that
    we won't have peace until the men who are not "of good will" get on
    board, so here's a hope of peace for them as well.

    Whatever your reason for the season, I hope it finds you and yours well.

    Pudentame, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Alan Browne

    Pudentame Guest

    In the US, there's Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial
    Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Veteran's Day ... all non-secular holidays.

    And if you play your cards right, you get to pick and choose from all
    the rest. Next year, why don't you tell your employer you want time off
    to celebrate Columbus Day, Ramadan and Yom Kippur.

    Pudentame, Dec 25, 2006
  4. Alan Browne

    Pudentame Guest

    Hey, it's a free country (or so they keep telling us), so take 'em ...
    as many as you can get away with. ;-D

    Pudentame, Dec 25, 2006
  5. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Differences are what make the world go 'round.
    Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  6. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    For me, and most Christians, fallen or otherwise, Christmas is mainly a
    sentimental event, gathering of the family, exchanges of gifts,
    feasting, etc.

    I actually went to Christmas Eve Eucharist last night (over 25 years
    since I did that), but that was for sentimental reasons, mainly in
    memory of my mother who was fond of attending Christmas Eve Eucharist
    though otherwise not a very dedicated Christian.

    BTW: that was not even a very good troll attempt, so I wish your more
    success in the New Year.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  7. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    "Merry Christmas" is a good wish to all, it is not "reserved" for believers.

    Don't take it too seriously. Few do.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  8. Alan Browne

    Jimmy Guest

    Good Day!

    Jimmy, Dec 25, 2006
  9. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Well said.

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  10. Alan Browne

    Scott W Guest

    Speaking as an atheists it would be pretty sad is we could not say
    Merry Christmas, IMO.

    Scott

    Scott W, Dec 25, 2006
  11. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    The LA times is talking all about you: http://tinyurl.com/vls3h

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  12. Alan Browne

    Annika1980 Guest

    minnesøtti wrote:
    I do not know what person embodies all light in
    Tiger Woods, baby! December 30.

    Annika1980, Dec 25, 2006
  13. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Cheers Helen!!
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Dec 25, 2006
  14. Alan Browne

    Mark² Guest

    Tis the season to be jorry...fa-rah-rah-rah-rah---rah-rah--rah--rah---
    :)
    Jingle--berr...Jingle--berr...Jingle all the way...

    Mark², Dec 25, 2006
  15. Alan Browne

    Frank ess Guest

    Roy Rogers is dead. My prized gift this year is a Roy Rogers/Dale
    Evans wall clock. Made in China. Distributed from Utah. Very nice.

    Frank ess, Dec 25, 2006
  16. Thanks Alan, I feel a lot better after reading that ;-)

    Harry Stottle, Dec 25, 2006
  17. Some of us worship Ayn Rand, with her dollar sign symbol, but I
    agree....Just give me the day off........

    William Graham, Dec 26, 2006
  18. Alan Browne

    Stewy Guest

    This is not about Christ, it's about the winter solstice, whatever that
    is.

    Stewy, Dec 26, 2006
  19. Alan Browne

    gogo Guest

    An excellent post!

    They forgot one thing - atheists have never started a war, or crashed an
    airliner into a building, or did the Spanish inquisition!

    Believers all!

    Lets hope that this year, not too many depressed believers murder their young
    children to send them to a 'better place'...

    And to you Alan, happy Saturnalia!

    gogo, Dec 26, 2006
  20. Alan Browne

    J. Clarke Guest

    Nope, no Spanish Inquisition but there was something called the "Gulag
    Archipelago".

    J. Clarke, Dec 26, 2006