Memory problem, 8MB Flash Cisco 2500 Series router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Hotdog, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Hotdog

    Hotdog Guest

    Hello there.
    I bought new 8MB flash memory for Cisco 2501 router.
    I had old one 8MB flash already.

    I have use a IOS image 12.1(26).
    I did remove old one and replace with new one.
    Whenever I copy IOS image to new one this below error occured.

    %Error: System flash location 0x3100000 - wrote 0xF9 , read 0xFF
    COPY: Text checksum verification failure
    TFTP from 192.168.20.151 failed/aborted
    Verifying checksum... invalid (expected 0xE4, computed 0x4307)
    %Error: System flash location 0x3100000 - wrote 0x1E , read 0x18

    So, I did replace with old one again do same thing.
    This is success. IOS image copied to old flash as nomal.
    Is this new memory has somethinn wrong?

    Hotdog, Dec 14, 2004