    Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Dec 13, 2011

  2. Bob  AZ

    Rob Guest

    Did you use the same memory type as the original DIMMS (ie registered or
    unbuffered)? Mixed types are not supported.
    Also, which of the 12 memory sockets are you using? 6 are for
    CPU1, 6 are for CPU2.

    Full details of the memory subsystem for that server board are in the
    Technical Product Specification, here:
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/CS-030231.htm

    Rob, Dec 13, 2011

  3. Bob  AZ

    Steve Foster Guest

    2 CPUs installed?
    Go into the BIOS, and head for Advanced > Memory Configuration.

    According to the Intel web site, this page should show you "Total
    Memory" and "Effective Memory" figures. "Total Memory" being defined as
    the sum of all recognised DIMMs, "Effective Memory" being defined as
    the size that will be available to an OS (ie discounting "disabled" [!]
    DIMMs and any used for redundancy in "Mirrored Channel Mode").

    Steve Foster, Dec 13, 2011
  4. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    Rob

    Two CPUs installed.
    Using A1, A2, B1, B2, and D1, D2, E1, E2.
    All memory DIMMS are identical. Crucial 2GB 240 PIN DIMM 256X64
    DDR3PC3 - 10600 UNBUFF.

    Actually the DIMMs were ordered and received at the same time.

    I had planned to install 8GB total at first and then increase by 8GB
    to 16GB, and then later on to 24GB.

    Now I am stuck at 16GB but as my post indicates after installing 8GB
    more the BIOS and System Information still indicates only 8GB.

    The BIOS>Advanced>Memory Configuration does not respond. Maybe the
    BIOS has a problem but I am not swift with checking and upgrading the
    BIOS should this be a problem

    Thanks for the reply.

    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Dec 14, 2011