    thinking of iriver's ihp-120).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    -Gaiko

    Gaikokujin Kyofusho, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    Ric Guest

    AFAIK there are no readers that are universal and no MP3 players capable of
    driving standard USB readers. For now you'll have to stick with a player
    that has a card slot built in or an iPod, for which you can buy an accessory
    card reader from Belkin, although from what I've read it's quite slow.

    Ric

    Ric, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    F-117B Guest

    And USB devices need USB host like computer to transfer date, Firewire (ie iPod, Creative Firewre Jukebox) dont need host to transfer data. You might wanna try Pocket PC with CF slow that has USB hosting capability like Toshiba e750/e755/e805.

    F-117B, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    Arny Krueger Guest

    There's no memory card in an Archos Jukebox. Therefore, you have nothing
    from it that you can plug into a memory card reader. This is actually good
    news, see below.
    The hard drive players I'm familiar with all come with USB and/or Firewire
    drivers. With these drivers, you can access the hard drive in the player as
    if it was a big memory card already sitting in a virtual memory card reader.
    IMO this is even better than what you are looking for.

    AFAIK, both the Archos and the IRiver IHP-120 jukeboxes work with the WinXP
    default driver, which means that you can load whatever specialized drivers
    and utilities you need from the jukebox itself. IOW you just plug one of
    these into a USB cable on a XP PC, XP loads the required driver on-the-fly
    from its own driver library, and suddenly "My Computer" shows a new
    removable storage device that you can browse with the windows explorer or
    other program that browses files.

    If you have Win98SE, you will probably need some specialized software that
    works with whatever you have on hand to access.

    The Nomad Jukeboxes have a downloadable file transfer utility that fits on a
    floppy to perform a similar function for SE, ME or XP, but its more like a
    do-it-yourself kit. It's downloadable from the Nomad site.

    At least on paper, the IHP-120 seems like the product to beat, but it ain't
    cheap!

    Arny Krueger, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    F-117B Guest

    Its cheap if you know where to shop 1 that goes below suggest MSRP. Even some have $350 price tag. I remember when 3G iPod first came out and I hardly see stores (and online stores) that advertise iPod below their MSRP, its always $399.98/$399.97. Even Amazon today advertise iPod at $390. Look at iHP-120 prices posted on Cnet http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_iHP_120/4014-6490_7-30571493.html?tag=box

    F-117B, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Hmmm, so there is no way to transfer things like pictures from a flash
    mem card to the iHP-120? Oh well, thanks for all the help.

    Cheers

    -Davidson

    Gaikokujin Kyofusho, Nov 9, 2003
  7. Gaikokujin Kyofusho

    MangoMasher Guest

    take a look at the new RCA lyra 2780 I think..

    Mango

    MangoMasher, Nov 15, 2003