    issue I have with XP 64.
    Thanks,
    Mike

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Guest

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Windows Media Player is a 32-bit app, so seeing it run in 32-bit mode is to
    be expected.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thx for the info but that doesn't really solve my issue. If media player 11
    is only a 32bit app then i dont understand why MS makes it sound like it is
    just for xp pro 64. But anyway i still cannot play any WMV files.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Guest

    Tim Guest

    Is it Geforce 7800 GS or Geforce Go 7800?
    And have you installed any other Media player such as MyMPC or any codec?
    Have you installed nVidia Decode in you drivers?
    Have you installed the RIGHT drivers? For drivers, it's not the newest the
    best. Some newest drivers has bugs.
    And make sure your Windows is official copy.
    Or to do so in commandline:

    Regsvr32 l3codeca.acm /s
    Regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s

    If it happens again, then re-install the WMP 11 for x64, make sure you
    download it from the official webpage.

    Tim, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Feb 17, 2007
  6. Guest

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Codecs for Windows Media files like WMV should be already installed.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 18, 2007
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I found the issue. I didn't have all the drivers for my motherboard so i
    downloaded them and it fixed the issue. I think it was missing the AGP to PCI
    bus drivers. Thanks for all the help. Oh and it is a 7800 GS.

    Mike

    Guest, Feb 19, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Mike, could you elaborate on how you determined what driver you were missing,
    where you downloaded/installed it from? I have a few 7300GTs and Media
    Player 11 on a 32 bit system, just stares back at me when I try to play any
    WMV file or an embedded media player on a web site.

    Guest, Feb 22, 2007