    Anyone know of any solution to this or what the cause is?
    Many Thanks,
    CoDe

    ., Sep 8, 2003

  2. .

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as . continued:
    Always found that certain files cannot be fiddled with in that way. What
    is the file extention ?

    slumpy, Sep 8, 2003

  3. .

    gangle Guest

    What KIND of file is it? If it is an avi, when it was compressed,
    the key frames were not set properly. If it's an asf or wmv, this
    sort of thing is rather common, as these file formats are meant
    for streaming and not ideal for seeking. If it's an mpg, it's likely
    just corrupt. Also, have you tried using another player?
    Sometimes, shitty files will work on player A, but not on
    player B. BSPlayer is an alternative to avi and mpg files.
    http://www.bsplayer.com/html/download.html

    gangle, Sep 8, 2003
  4. .

    Mike0000 Guest

    You can't blame the media player for this. Depending on how the file
    was made it may not support FF.

    Mike0000, Sep 9, 2003
  5. .

    homie07

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You probably can’t perform these actions because the file isn't indexed. If you have access to the file and it isn't protected, you can quickly index the file yourself by using Windows Media File Editor, a utility that is available with Windows Media Encoder 9 Series.

    You can get it from the site. I know this topic is a bit old. I stumbled across this trying tofind the solution for the same problem and just thought if anyone else came across it, it would serve as some help to them.

    homie07, Jun 19, 2007