    played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
    selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
    Anybody.............please

    eugene, Nov 30, 2007

  2. eugene

    Rôgêr Guest

    Download and install Media Player Classic. Make it your default player:
    http://tinyurl.com/jiir

    Rôgêr, Nov 30, 2007

  3. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2007
  4. eugene

    Rôgêr Guest

    He just needs to associate .mov files to his media player, but the
    solution I offered will give him a better player and take care of the
    association for him.

    Rôgêr, Nov 30, 2007
  5. eugene

    chuckcar Guest

    No, they are not the same type of file.

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2007
  6. eugene

    chuckcar Guest

    See if you have codecs for Apple's Quicktime installed. If not, you need
    them. Mov files are apples format.

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2007
  7. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    I use VLC player and it will kick in where others wont.

    Old Gringo, Dec 1, 2007
  8. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    Thanks for the info.