    playback of files on Media Player (9) pauses or is repetetive.

    Does anybody know why? Is it a problem with Internet Explorer, Media Player,
    my mouse driver or just a memory problem.

    Matthew, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Matthew

    Thor Guest

    if you are using winXP try bringing up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and
    look at the "processes" tab, and see what process is using the highest
    percentage of CPU time when that problem occurs. I think you'll find
    something that is using 99% or near it. Ignore "system idle process" though.
    That one is normally at or near 99% routinely, and it's normal.

    Thor, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Matthew

    JK Guest

    Do you have a very slow processor? A software modem used on a PC
    with a very slow processor may behave a you described.

    JK, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Matthew

    force Guest

    I have the same problem and I have a 2100 athlon system and its road runner.
    I checked the irq of the LAN cards and mouse and they are different also
    when a page in loading slow ALL media players ( wmp winamp QuickTime real)
    skip when playing mp3s

    force, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Matthew

    JK Guest

    Do you have plenty of ram and do you defragment your hard drive often, and
    not let it get very full?

    JK, Nov 8, 2003