    What could be the cause of my LAN being so slow ?

    Both machines are XP Pro sp2
    I have 2 comps plugged into a Dlink dsl 504 which is a router modem.

    jameshanley39, Jan 19, 2005

  2. jameshanley39

    JD Guest

    There could be any number of things effecting the speed of your lan but
    for a quick 20% increase disable the QoS on your nic's by default XP has
    it turned on, this Quality of Service protocol reserves 20% of your
    bandwidth you dont need this for a home network disable it.

    JD, Jan 19, 2005

  3. jameshanley39

    Thor Guest

    a 20% increase in bandwidth capacity isn't likely to help much when the card
    is likely not even using 10% of the bandwidth that IS available due to
    problems of some kind, but I agree the QOS is a piece of crap and I always
    get rid of it.

    Thor, Jan 20, 2005
  4. jameshanley39

    JD Guest

    I recon its probably a overall system performance problem rather than
    the networking. but its hard to tell these things without seeing the
    actual setup.

    JD, Jan 20, 2005
  5. jameshanley39

    The One Guest

    Well done for that contribution............

    The One, Jan 20, 2005