MeasureUp Exams - 70-316 Enough??

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by paul griffin, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. paul griffin

    paul griffin Guest

    Hi All,

    i'm planning on taking the 70-316 in 4 days time ... i've
    done quite a bit of book study using the self paced
    training kit (pretty bare on specifics i know!) and the
    MSDN. I've used the Pratice Tests that come with the
    training kit and MeasureUp's exams ... i'm consistently
    getting results in the high 90s now ... is this enough?
    my concern is that these preparation exams do not
    accurately reflect the degree of difficulty in the real
    exam ??

    finally i was amazed when booking my exam to learn it is
    3 hours long ... has this changed recently? Am i also
    correct in assuming there are 58 questions? Most exam
    simulators i've seen only allow 90mins for 50 questions!

    Finally does anyone know if you can bring a pen and paper
    into the exam center? i find it can be useful to sketch
    out certain scenarios as you think through an answer!

    Thanks for any advice/answers!

    paul griffin, Jul 12, 2004

  2. paul griffin

    paul griffin Guest

    Hi all,

    just a quick update for anyone interested .. passed the
    70-316 on Saturday ... the MeasureUp test and the MS
    practice test proved to be fairly close in to the real
    exam in terms of difficulty. The exam itself leant
    heavily on ADO.Net. Something i expected!

    I'd advise people to use the self-paced training kit and
    at least the Practice test. I'd also recommend
    supplementing the ADO.Net material in the book with the
    sections available on the MSDN.

    1 down 2 to go!

    planning to take the test next week too, I've reading the
    MS Press Book and some helps on internet.

    paul griffin, Jul 20, 2004

  3. paul griffin

    Raman Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Congratulations on Passing the exam. I am also interested in taking the exam. I heard from some people that the format of the exam is changed. I heard that they give a notepad and .NET SDK and ask us to actually do some programming stuff.Is that true?

    Can you please let us know the format of the exam. I mean, the number of questions, the time and stuff like that.

    Thanks,
    Raman.

    Raman, Jul 21, 2004
  4. paul griffin

    Eric Guest

    Wow - that would be great! I hope it's true.

    It's a good idea to see if a programmer can actually write a program.

    Eric

    Eric, Jul 21, 2004