    router brand new in a box, that I won't be using...

    Thanks much,

    John

    John Clay, Dec 19, 2008

  2. John Clay

    ray Guest

    On page
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...rtal-residential-router-gateways-singtel-mio/

    We can read:
    To access Management and Diagnostic Console of 2Wire, which is essentially
    the advanced configuration page, use the browser to go to
    "http://gateway.2wire.net/mdc" or "http://homeportal/mdc" (without quotes)
    instead. If you're prompted with password (especially for SingTel mio
    device), key in "2wire" (without quote), or try default 2Wire password of
    "Wireless" (without quote).

    ray, Dec 19, 2008

  3. John Clay

    John Clay Guest

    Thanks for replying Ray.

    I did see these passwords in my quest, and although the default passwords
    for the 2wire router are as you mention, Telus has set up the password in
    their own firmware upgrade and made this different.

    They say that although I bought the router, I am only licenced to use the
    basic settings that they allow me to. I find this extremely frustrating,
    and I think I will start a campaign of education to inform customers of the
    problems associated with this.

    It's amazing how people are getting so used to the limitations placed on
    them by this techno crap... buy a brand new car, but you may never find out
    which fuse controls the dashboard lights.

    Anyway, thanks for replying.

    John

    John Clay, Dec 21, 2008
  4. John Clay

    ray Guest

    It was a pleasure to find something.

    For the same problem i did not accept the modem my ISP want to install, i
    use instead a linksys WAG54GS - and i am very happy with it !

    ray, Dec 21, 2008
  5. John Clay

    Orion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    MDC password for 2wire 2700HG-E telus is:

    1nd1go

    MDC password MDC password MDC password MDC password
    2wire 2700HG-E telus 2wire 2700HG-E telus 2wire 2700HG-E telus
    2wire 2700HG-E telus 2wire 2700HG-E telus 2wire 2700HG-E telus

    Orion, Oct 3, 2009