    has SP2 for Windows Server 2003 installed? There is no download for MDAC 2.8
    SP2, it is not in add/remove programs and I cannot find it on the Windows
    installation CD.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFja04=?=, Jun 4, 2007

  2. MDAC 2.8 SP2 is included in Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 and does not
    need to be installed separately.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFja04=?=, Jun 6, 2007

  3. JackN wrote:

    >How do I install MDAC 2.8 SP2 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 that
    >has SP2 for Windows Server 2003 installed? There is no download for MDAC
    >2.8
    >SP2, it is not in add/remove programs and I cannot find it on the Windows
    >installation CD.

    AIUI, it's already installed.

    Note that you can only "see" 32-bit ODBC components from 32-bit
    applications (and that includes the ODBC Administrator - run odbcad32.exe
    from SysWOW64 to get the 32-bit version), and "see" 64-bit ODBC components
    from 64-bit applications (which is the default ODBC Administrator you get
    from Admin. Tools).

    The 64-bit components are minimal compared with the 32-bit components.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 7, 2007