    has SP2 for Windows Server 2003 installed? There is no download for MDAC 2.8
    SP2, it is not in add/remove programs and I cannot find it on the Windows
    installation CD.

    Guest, Jun 4, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    MDAC 2.8 SP2 is included in Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 and does not
    need to be installed separately.

    Guest, Jun 6, 2007

  3. AIUI, it's already installed.

    Note that you can only "see" 32-bit ODBC components from 32-bit
    applications (and that includes the ODBC Administrator - run odbcad32.exe
    from SysWOW64 to get the 32-bit version), and "see" 64-bit ODBC components
    from 64-bit applications (which is the default ODBC Administrator you get
    from Admin. Tools).

    The 64-bit components are minimal compared with the 32-bit components.

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 7, 2007