    my MCSE certification or wait for the MCTS.

    Regards,

    Vinicius Oliveira

    Vinicius Oliveira, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Vinicius Oliveira

    catwalker63 Guest

    Vinicius Oliveira piffled away vaguely:
    Check your year. They don't retire until 2008.

    www.microsoft.com/learning
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 3, 2007

  3. Vinicius Oliveira

    Guest Guest

    March 30, 2008, to be exact.
    And it's the MCSE and MCSA 2000 exams that are retiring.
    You can still get your MCSA and MCSE 2003 certifications after that.
    However, if you are certified in 2000 and want to certify in 2003, you must
    pass the upgrade exams by March 30, 2008 or else you have to take all of the
    2003 exams, because the upgrade exams are retiring also.
    But no date has been announced for the 2003 exams retirement yet.
    Microsoft ALWAYS gives a year's notice before retiring exams.

    But wait!
    Microsoft announced the retirement of the 2000 exams in a webcast designated
    for Microsoft Certified Professionals only. If you go to their retirement
    website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx
    You will notice that these exams have yet to be added (as I write this)!
    (It was last updated October 8, 2004.)

    The certification website
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.mspx states that
    "Candidates who subscribe to the online newsletter MCP NewsFlash will receive
    notification by e-mail of an exam’s impending discontinuation at least 12
    months before that exam is no longer available. Exam status information will
    also be available at this Web site at all times."

    I subscribe to the MCP NewsFlash, and I don't remember receiving one
    announcing the retirements.
    This makes me wonder if they can really retire the exams on March 30, 2008
    since they have not placed the notice in the proper areas.

    Of course, if you are taking the exams later this year, you have nothing to
    worry about.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2007
  4. It is still a good idea to get your MCSE. But also keep an eye out for the
    next generation of exams coming down the pipe. Once you have your MCSE I'm
    betting you'll be able to move to the newer MCITP which will be the next
    step after MCTS.

    Daniel Nerenberg, Apr 5, 2007