    I really would appreciate your advice on this.

    Thanks in advance!

    Kevin

    Kevin, Jan 30, 2008

  2. As with building a house, I would recommend starting with the foundation.

    Death from Above
    MCPD: EAD, Web, Win
    MCITP: DBD, DBA
    MCSD.NET
    MCDBA

    Death from Above, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Thanks for responding! Sounds like good advice.

    I noticed in another post someone mentioning that the 70-536 by itself does
    not confer the status of MCP, but the 70-526 does. Do you know if this is
    true or not. The MCP page is rather ambiguous on this.

    Thanks!

    Kevin

    Kevin, Jan 30, 2008
  4. The MCP certification is dead. You will not get the 'MCP' certification by
    passing either 70-536 or 70-526. Basically, the MCTS level certs are the
    replacement of the old non specific MCP cert.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Jan 30, 2008
  5. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Thanks again for your response and for clarifying that for me.

    Regards,

    Kevin

    Kevin, Jan 31, 2008
  6. Kevin

    Aaron Guest

    Kevin,

    I've started a yahoo study group for the Dev MCTS/MCPD.
    I'm attempting to do both exams Simo.

    70-536 & 70-529.

    No brain dumps.... just chapter by chapter learning the subject matter.

    If anyone would care to join in...the more the better....

    We're attempting to leverage the strength of a group... where one person
    doesn't understant something another may. One of the best ways to solidify
    one's knowldge is to pass it on to another.

    Shug
    MCSE, CCNP, CCDA, MCDBA, A+, CWNA

    Aaron, Feb 2, 2008
  7. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Aaron:

    Thanks for letting me know about this! I think it sounds like a great idea.
    I'll definitely check it out.

    Kevin

    Kevin, Feb 4, 2008