    case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
    developer with 2 years of experience ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Vivek Gupta, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta Guest

    Expecting some feedback guys!!

    Vivek Gupta, Jul 29, 2009

  3. Have you tried looking on the Microsoft Learning website?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    Short answer: There are no available certifications for products that many
    versions old.

    Same site. Same answers.

    70-536 is required for any developer certification; it's rather pointless
    whether you think it will be "useful" or not, but to answer the question
    anyway, I guess that depends on whether you intend to market yourself as a
    VB6 programmer for the rest of your life, or you intend to learn the .NET
    Framework API/Library at some point. The 70-536 will be indispensable in the
    process of learning anything about .NET, and absolutely required -- since my
    assumption is that you are interested in certification -- you just don't
    know what's available (or how to find it).

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 29, 2009
  4. Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    Thanks for your reply.I do know where to look for certifications.But I did
    not find any certifications for VB 6.0 and just wanted to make sure regarding
    the same.I do understand that 70 - 536 is a certification for .Net framework
    foundation.I basically wanted to know if this certification is in the right
    direction , considering that currently I am on VB 6.0 and do intend to move
    to .Net,since VB 6.0 has become outdated.

    Regards,
    Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta, Jul 30, 2009
  5. Brainbench still offers certification in Visual Basic 6.0.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Aug 10, 2009