MCTS and MCP status in the Microsoft Partner Program

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Lukas Beeler, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. Lukas Beeler

    Lukas Beeler Guest

    Hi,

    One of my subordinates recently completed (and passed) 70-620 two
    weeks ago.

    He didn't receive an e-mail from microsoft with an MCP id (like i
    did, a few years back), which makes sense because the 70-620 is
    one of the new MCTS exams.

    Now, my problem is as follows:

    Do people with MCTS exams not have any access to
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/?

    Do people with MCTS not count as "certified personal" (as this
    requires an MCP ID).

    Is there anything i need to do?

    Lukas Beeler, Apr 28, 2007

  2. I Completed an MCTS exam this morning. My score report printed similar to
    the MCSE reports. I have not completed the vista or development MCTS exams
    so I am unsure what to tell you there. My personal report included my MCP
    id. Ask to see the score report. Look at the score report for an associated
    ID.

    If you check back in about 3 business days, I can tell you whether my MCTS
    shows up on my partner site credentials.

    Wayne Anderson, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Lukas Beeler

    Lukas Beeler Guest

    Looks like Pearson Vue screwed this one up - he called them, got
    his MCP id, then called the Microsoft RSC, got his activation
    key, and now has access to the MCP page.

    It's interesting to see that if you are an MCTS, you're also
    automatically an MC. (70-620 as the only exam).

    Lukas Beeler, Apr 30, 2007