    or do i need to devote more time for this.

    Thanks

    Rajiv

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Rajiv Lodha

    Guest Guest

    Holey Moley, 7 exams in 3 months !!!! That's a very tall order for these
    exams, even one a month is tough going assuming you're studying in the
    evenings after work. Experience in the product is everything and this can
    take years to obtain although some inexperienced guys braindump, obtain their
    quals in about 4 months and are then about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

    The MS press books are pretty good and I use them in my training classes as
    another option to the official materials. Get a home network going, use the
    books for intensive product training and use Transcenders for exam prep.
    Three months of this will just about kill you.

    Good luck

    Guest, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Rajiv Lodha

    T-Bone Guest

    MCSE is designed for experienced IT professionals. If you don't even know
    how to find these answers yourself, its going to take you longer than 3
    months.

    T-Bone, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    thanks for your suggestions, i will let you know if i am succesful

    regards

    rajiv

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Rajiv Lodha

    David Parkes Guest

    Sorry but I'm going to be an Arse and tell you to use google.com to find
    this out. I mean if you can't work that out for yourself, you aint going to
    pass.

    One bit of Advice. EXPERIENCE.

    David Parkes, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Rajiv Lodha

    EggHead Guest

    Even all you want is a paper MCSE and you read M$ press inside out, 3 months
    is not enough. 5 months should do it.
    Egghead

    EggHead, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Rajiv Lodha

    Briscobar Guest

    That's not being an @ss. That's being realistic. If you can't find answers
    to simple questions on your own, then you're probably not going to find the
    answers to hard questions, either.

    Briscobar, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    as you said ... if i cant work this out myself, i am not going to pass.

    just a little update - i have downloaded around 2GB - books, guides, exam
    simulators, question banks, audio stuff etc etc .. and still 4 gb in queue!

    so am i going to pass now :eek:)

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 4, 2005
  9. Rajiv Lodha

    Blackmetal Guest

    Let's say that you'll pass...but...will you be able to do real work?

    Blackmetal, Oct 4, 2005
  10. Rajiv Lodha

    T-Bone Guest

    queue!

    So now you are lazy and a thief. We don't want you to pass now because we
    don't want you devaluing the certifications that we *earned* by actually
    *working* to achieve and *paying* for our own materials.

    T-Bone, Oct 4, 2005
  11. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    i am lazy ? i spend around 10 hrs (daily) practicing for these exams, trying
    to get almost every question "solved" on my machines.

    devaluing the certifications - you are, because your words implies that
    anyone can pass with all the junk available for *fair* prices, i dont want
    to pay for all this, because not a single question has been repeated till
    yet (for MCSE). I have the MCSE kit with me, and a lab where i can practice
    for all 7 papers, i thought some proffesionals here will give me some good
    advice on preparing for MSCE ... but ..................!

    Anyways .. thanks for all the help .. much appericiated.

    Rajiv

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 5, 2005
  12. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    hi Victor,

    Thanks for your concerns, you are a nice guy here.

    For work - I have enrolled myself with an institute which will provide me
    all resources to play with, like 5/7 machines,
    softwares, operating systems and a certified MCSE will guide me all along
    the way.

    I will just have to work on the theoritical part, which i will do by going
    through the MCSE kits,
    but should i rely on M$press, or do i need to follow others as well, so need
    your opinion.

    I am on a leave now, for 3 months ... so 18hrs devoted for MCSE And CCNA on
    a daily basis.

    Do i still need more time ?

    Thanks.

    Rajiv

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 5, 2005
  13. Rajiv Lodha

    T-Bone Guest

    Then you admit to downloading pirated materials? How can you expect to be
    treated in a professional manner when you show disrespect for other IT
    professionals by stealing their materials?

    T-Bone, Oct 5, 2005
  14. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    can you tell me what is pirated/stolen material here you are speaking about?

    there are around thousands of websites which offer sample test papers, trial
    software for emulators etc, are they it stealing and providing for free or
    for charge.

    i am not hacking into anyones system, i am downloading what i am getting for
    free ... if this is illegal i cant help it.

    Anyways, if i am successful with MCSE Exams .. i will migrate to australia
    and eat your job .. so beware :eek:)

    thanks

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 5, 2005
  15. Rajiv Lodha

    Briscobar Guest

    Well, you may or may not be downloading illegal materials, but this is not
    the attitude to take. If you are doing things illegally, then it is YOUR
    responsibility to not take them, just as much as it is the server's for
    sharing them.

    Briscobar, Oct 5, 2005
  16. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    well, if i come to know that the stuff i am about to download is illegal or
    stolen ... i wont download it.

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 5, 2005
  17. Rajiv Lodha

    T-Bone Guest

    In many cases, yes. But perhaps I am takng the wrong approach here. Can you
    let us know what kind of materials you have downloaded? The question of
    where to get free study materials comes up a lot. If you have found good
    resources for legitimate free materials, you could benefit others in these
    groups greatly by telling us where you got them.

    T-Bone, Oct 5, 2005
  18. Rajiv Lodha

    Briscobar Guest

    I guess that depends on what you downloaded. Perhaps you could tell us what
    study guides you downloaded, and we could give you more input regarding
    them, and potentially, their legality.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    If you don't hightail it over to www.mcngp.com, your job will be
    outsourced.

    Briscobar, Oct 5, 2005
  19. Rajiv Lodha

    Rajiv Lodha Guest

    Well, i would really love to ...

    But first let me quote some of your golden words -

    "MCSE is designed for experienced IT professionals. If you don't even know
    how to find these answers yourself its going to take you longer than 3
    months.!"

    -- TBone, MCNGP XL

    And, for the resources - I used google, first try a search for -

    MCSE 2003, FREE

    then search within search results - 70-270.

    and then same for other tests ...

    (you can also check the Sponsored Links, there are new websites coming up
    everyday, and just to get attention they offer free/trial memberships)

    And then visit your bookstore for MCSE Kits (Microsoft Press books ... buy
    all related to your exams)

    I hope you have enaugh information now, so upgrade yourself to windows 2003
    or i will eat your job ..

    Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc (the clock is ticking..)

    Ha ha ha :eek:)

    Rajiv Lodha, Oct 5, 2005
  20. Rajiv Lodha

    T-Bone Guest

    Now if you'd told us that you had done this in the first place, it would
    have saved a lot of grief.
    Ditto.

    As for the free resource on the web, be careful. Alot of the "free
    questions" are easy so that you will want to buy their study material. Just
    doing a whole bunch of samples won't give you a clear idea of how much you
    are really prepared.
    All of our jobs here are getting exported there. You are better staying
    where you are.

    T-Bone, Oct 5, 2005