    Jim Guest

    Windows 2000 has been phased out (June 2005). That doesn't mean that MCSE
    2000 has too.

    Jim, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Matt U.K.

    MitchS Guest

    Uh, that would be ***YAWN*** sir. And please learn to snip. Thanks, OK
    Bye.

    MitchS, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Matt U.K.

    Briscobar Guest

    Windows 2000's life ended a couple months ago, I believe. However, that does
    not mean that MS has discontinued tests on Windows 2000.

    Briscobar, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Matt U.K.

    T-Bone Guest

    Hmm, lets see what else they have to say about MCSE:

    "Many critics hold the MCSE qualification in very low esteem, and cynically
    refer to MCSE as "Must Consult Someone Experienced", or "Minesweeper
    Consultant and Solitaire Expert"."

    You can't believe everything you read on the web. According to Microsoft:
    "There are currently no exams scheduled for retirement"

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp
    Then you should have said so. The way you worded your question, it sounded
    like you hadn't checked first.
    Again, usenet/newsgroup etiquette says at the very least your sig should not
    be longer than your post. We don't need to know that information anyway, so
    you can leave it out.
    Good for you. Do feel free to come back again if you have questions, just
    make sure you are clear in your post on what you have already done.

    T-Bone, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Matt U.K.

    Frisbee® Guest

    Thanks for the heads-up on that one! I shall modify my sig post-haste!

    --
    Fris "New, Improved Sig v2.0!" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    My Equipment: Discraft Cyclone II, Blue, 171 grams.

    Frisbee®, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Matt U.K.

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Matt U.K. spewed across the ether:
    Thanks for sharing.

    I have a Buick.

    JaR, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Matt U.K.

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Matt U.K. spewed across the ether:
    And yet you read it. Consider that your penance for your ungrateful
    attitude, untrimmed sig, and unresearched question.

    JaR, Sep 14, 2005
  8. Matt U.K.

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Matt U.K. spewed across the ether:
    With about the same level of attention with which you do research,
    apparently.

    JaR, Sep 14, 2005
  9. Matt U.K.

    Rob Lindman Guest

    I expected you to say that.

    Rob Lindman, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Matt U.K.

    Rob Lindman Guest

    JaR gets it. Drain them or entertain them.

    Rob Lindman, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Matt U.K.

    Guest Guest

    Yes, eventually Microsoft will stop offering the exams. When was the last
    time you could take a NT4 exam?
    As for when, the date currently set by the MS Certification Team is Feb
    29th, 2007.

    Guest, Sep 14, 2005
  12. Matt U.K.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Windows 2000's life ended a couple months ago, I believe.

    yeah great funeral; MS-Dos, CP/M, even Windows 286 showed up. Mind you
    Windows 3.0 made a typically fool of himself.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 14, 2005
  13. Matt U.K.

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Thanks for the heads-up on that one! I shall modify my sig post-haste!
    pls b telling me when sp1 for Sig v2.0 will be released. I have no
    money.

    Waiting....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Sep 14, 2005
  14. Matt U.K.

    Briscobar Guest

    Yeah, he and Microsoft BOB had one too many Captain and Cokes. Friggin'
    lushes. At a time like this...can you imagine? Everyone's greiving, and
    they're using the occasion to load up on rum. Someone really should have
    spoken to them about that.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Download full moviez, war3z, crackz, muzik, and pr0n at www.mcngp.com!
    Or don't.

    Briscobar, Sep 14, 2005
  15. Matt U.K.

    Rob Lindman Guest

    Bob will never listen.

    Rob Lindman, Sep 15, 2005
  16. Matt U.K.

    DST Guest

    I think wikipedia talks about the phase out of Windows 2000, not MCSE
    2000.
    (to be phased out by 2005) and Windows Server 2003."

    MS says here
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp
    There are currently no exams scheduled for retirement:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp

    So Windows 2000 exams will not be retired before June 2006

    DST

    DST, Sep 15, 2005
  17. Matt U.K.

    DST Guest

    Sorry, made a mistake: Windows 2000 exams will not be retired before
    June 2007

    DST, Sep 15, 2005
  18. Matt U.K.

    Neil Guest

    make sure he knows which Neil you are talking about. I'm already in his bad
    books and there have been these odd "Nerd Thugs" that have been showing up
    at my house....picture Bobby "Bacala" meets Steve Erkel

    Neil, Sep 15, 2005
  19. Matt U.K.

    Neil Guest

    THat pie chart might be fo' schizzle...or maybe not.

    Neil, Sep 15, 2005
  20. Matt U.K.

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Sep 15, 2005