MCSE Prometric testing supplies

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by grimms1, Mar 8, 2008.

  1. grimms1

    grimms1 Guest

    Has anyone experienced the Prometric dry erase and markers policy?
    (no pencil or paper)

    I was amazed to arrive for the 70-291 exam and be handed a dry erase
    board. I found that some of the questions required some extensive
    written detail (it's just easier for me). When I was finished, I felt
    like I had just taken a picture drawing class in First Grade. The
    marker was dull and I had to write giant letters/characters. In
    addition, the dry erase board is a grid. Be careful not to
    accidentally write something on one of the grid lines. This would be
    ok for graphs but not for diagrams, IP addresses, CIDR calculations
    etc.

    I have taken many tests in the past and they provided pencil and paper
    and they audited how many sheets and accounted for them at the end of
    the test.

    Is Prometric the only testing facility that has such an absurd policy?

    I sure would hate to take a Physics test on a dry-erase board!

    grimms1, Mar 8, 2008

  2. Yes, I had one to work with on the 70-620. Didn't need it, but I did think
    it was very odd to have to use one if I needed it. It looked like a
    punishment! :) And, yes, I did put it in the feedback at the end of the
    exam.

    Dustin Harper, Mar 8, 2008

  3. grimms1

    PAJ Guest

    I have had this at every test centre I have used, including Pearson VUE
    ones. I have found lots reason to dislike Prometric but this is not one
    of them

    PAJ, Mar 8, 2008
  4. grimms1

    Chris Lobban Guest

    Yes, I found it to be like this both while I was taking the exams at
    Vue, and while I was taking them at Prometric. I've rarely ever had to
    use the boards for much, normally I just take them in clean, and bring
    them back equally clean. Sometimes if I don't feel up to too much mental
    math I do use them to scribble a couple numbers down to make the
    counting easier for binary conversion. But I think that's about it, so
    I've never found reason to complain about it.

    Chris

    Chris Lobban, Mar 10, 2008
  5. grimms1

    Hairball56 Guest

    Wow, at my local Prometric facility I'm given 2 sheets of paper and a
    pencil....which of course has to be turned back in, that's really odd in
    using a dry-erase

    Hairball56, Mar 11, 2008
  6. grimms1

    X-DraGoN Guest

    The 'contract' I had to sign before beginning stated I would be handed the
    dry-ease board 2, but instead I got 2 papers and a pencil.
    Much better IMHO, I'd hate to use dry-wipe...

    MCP 70-620

    X-DraGoN, Mar 13, 2008