MCSE (No MCSA) - Windows 2000 does passing 70-292 give you MCSA inWindows 2003?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Kent A, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. Kent A

    Kent A Guest

    Kent A, Jan 10, 2004

  2. From http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/faq.asp

    Q. If I am an MCSE on Windows 2000 and upgrade to MCSE on Windows
    Server 2003, will I automatically become certified as an MCSA on Windows
    Server 2003?

    A. Yes, Exam 70-292: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
    Server 2003 Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000, part of the
    upgrade path for an MCSE on Windows 2000, includes objectives that validate
    the skills set of an MCSA on Windows Server 2003.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Jan 11, 2004

  3. Kent A

    Kent A Guest

    Thank you for the prompt answer.

    Kent A, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Kent A

    AT Guest

    According to this the Answer would be NO since you was never a MCSA on
    Win2000. I can see a lot of MCSE paths that that would not give the MCSA on
    Win2003.
    What am I missing?

    AT

    AT, Jan 19, 2004