MCSE is a state of mind

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Kevin Liu, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Kevin Liu

    Kevin Liu Guest

    A lot of the negative feelings towards the MCSE is the
    broken promises maded by "educational institutions"
    promising $70K plus jobs. If you are getting your MCSE
    now, you are at the tail-end of the IT movement. That
    movement being from engineering to administration.
    Nowadays, a lot of systems are already in place where as
    during the .com boom everything was new. That's not to
    discourage you. It's a simple fact. I know guys who used
    to get paid $95k and are now working for 20 bucks and
    hour. Add the factor of the MCSE band wagon and you'll get
    a lot of pissed off people.

    If you hang in there long enough, you'll get your break.
    And if you don't... maybe IT ain't your thing. And for
    those of you who keep saying that there's going to be a
    return of the IT boom, I hope you're right.

    Kevin Liu, MCSE
    LAN Administrator
    County of Ventura
    Information Systems Dept.

    Kevin Liu, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Kevin Liu

    Consultant Guest

    well said fellow public servant, ha

    Consultant, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Kevin Liu

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Well said twice.....

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Kevin Liu

    chris kirk Guest

    I agree with these statements, however we may be heading
    for another IT boom. but not in administration, in
    Security instead. I know I may sound over enthusiastic but
    if you are watching alot of the laws and company policies
    being adopted around the country, there seems to be an
    area of opportunity for those of us that are trying to
    secure a decent living in information security.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath
    about it......

    chris kirk, Aug 1, 2003