    Guest Guest

    Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003, also
    any books available.

    Guest, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Nov 5, 2007

  3. Guest

    kpg* Guest

    kpg*, Nov 5, 2007
  4. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    he forgot the www

    CBIC, Nov 5, 2007
  5. Guest

    Raven Guest

    even www wont works...

    Raven, Jan 17, 2008
  6. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    LOL

    CBIC, Jan 17, 2008
  7. Mostly Gizzards, Jan 17, 2008
  8. Guest

    Adamu Garba Guest

    Raven,

    The exam 70-649 is the upgrade exams from MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008. it
    incorporates 3 exams namely:
    1. MCTS: active directory configuration
    2. MCTS: application platform configuration
    3. MCTS:Network infrastructure configuration
    passing 70-649 means passing all the 3 exam as a whole there by upgrading
    your MCSE 2003 to MCSE 2008.

    The books available also is changes in functionality from windows server
    2003 to windows server 2008, then you download the windows server 2008 RC0
    or RC1 for your practice. Then face the battle when ready.

    You can find more info on www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp
    Hope this helps.

    Adamu Garba
    MCSE 2003 & 2008, MCSA 2003, MCTS

    Adamu Garba, Jan 17, 2008
  9. Which very explictly states what anybody who's actually paid attention
    already knew...

    The 70-649 merely provides accumulation of those three MCTS certs in a
    single pop.

    The MCITP certs have not yet been published as to requirements, but one can
    speculate based on the training materials indicated in the exam spec pages
    for the MCTS exams:

    MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647):
    Enterprise Administrator Core Requirements (2008)

    MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-646): Server
    Administrator Core Requirements (2008)

    The phrase "Core Requirements" does a fairly good job of implying that there
    will be =additional= exam requirements to obtain the MCITP. My first guess
    being the expected requirement to pass the 70-620 Vista exam, although, who
    knows, maybe MS might finally drop the desktop skill requirement from the
    administrator cert requirements. (I doubt it, though.)

    I would also expect similar elective requirements as the current MCSE2003 --
    ergo an elective for the MCITP:SA and a design exam (not yet published) for
    the MCITP:EA.

    Furthermore, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-646.mspx contains
    this statement:

    When you pass Exam 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator,
    you earn credit toward the following certification:

    • Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator

    The key phrase being.... "...earn credit TOWARD..." which has generally
    meant that there's more to the show than just that one exam.

    and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-647.mspx says:

    When you pass Exam 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise
    Administrator you earn credit toward the following certification:

    • Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator

    likewise... "..earn credit TOWARD..."

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 19, 2008
  10. Good points.

    Mostly Gizzards, Jan 19, 2008
  11. Guest

    Bas Guest

    See one of the latest Technet News Letters (or Microsoft.com and search for
    it), there's a link to the 'Introducing Windows Server 2008' E-Book for Free.
    Tells you everything you need to know, well pretty much if you are an MCSE
    2003.

    Greetz.

    Bas.

    Greetz.

    Bas, Feb 14, 2008
  12. Guest

    Phil Guest

    Hi,
    have you find any informations about the exam 70-647 ? actualy, i don't see
    it in the aviable list of exam.
    I pass recently the 70-648 and 70-649 next week the vista (70-620) but for
    beeing enterprise Admin, i nedd to have the 70-647.
    Thanks for your informations

    Phil, Mar 13, 2008
  13. Mostly Gizzards, Mar 13, 2008
  14. Guest

    Andre Guest

    Hi

    Where did you get the braindumps for the 70-649 exam?i'm planning to do it
    in the next two weeks

    Andre, Mar 25, 2009
  15. Andre,

    What is your email address and MCP id?