    MCNGP #43
    www.mcngp.com

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Chris

    dematri Guest

    dematri, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Chris

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Eagle climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:
    Don't mind nerd. He's in Jr High and they are trying to teach him how to
    speak and write, he is trying to resist. It's a teenager thing, I think.

    JaR, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Chris

    Thomas Guest

    Chris,

    This group is plagued by some 13yo boys (physical age not important), so you
    will want to ignore most responses.

    Not being young and being out of school for some time will make it a little
    harder than you expect. The best approach I have found is to buy a Cert
    test from Transcender. With each question that you get wrong, do double the
    research to understand that question than you think necessary. When you can
    get near 100% on each of the practice exams, take the real one.

    Also, stop on every term that you don't understand and look it up on line.
    With every term that is used to describe your new term, look that one up
    too. Go about three layers deep.

    Do this and your understanding will blossom and you will pass your exams and
    be certified in no time. And yes, you can do it with home study.

    The exception to home-study is if you find a lack of motivation, or seem to
    have a bad short term memory. Class study will help because it will give
    you interaction with what you are learning. But know that classroom study
    is not one to one for the exam. They may only cover 50% of an exam and then
    give you another 25% of stuff not related to any exam. How else will they
    get you to buy 2 or 3 classes?

    I hope this helps,

    -Thomas

    Thomas, Jan 25, 2005
  5. The best approach I have found is to buy a Cert
    idiot.

    The ' The best approach ' is to learn the material, not memorize the
    answers to these crappy practice tests in the hope the questions will
    appear in the real exam. The mentality you have shown here, is why the
    certs are worthless.
    Most people 'should' be smart enough to be able to do this by
    themselves simply by using the exam prep guides. Still I guess that's
    a bit beyond people like you.
    utter crap. Why on or earth do something if you don't want to succeed?
    Oh I get it, people like you want it on a plate.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Oh, you're so MEAN!
    It will, if he's looking for an easy way out. But I think Chris has already
    stated he's not looking for an easy way out. I'm sure he appreciates your
    input and judgmental ramblings just the same, however.
    Percy and Gordon say you're NOT a very useful engine.

    --
    Fris "And Sir Topham Hat says you're a meanie" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 25, 2005
  7. -Thomas
    Yeah and the big fat controller says he about to get fired.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Chris

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In
    Ping: Nerd.
    You're such a tool. The "best approach" is to actually learn the material.
    There's nothing wrong with Transcender as a supplemental study guide.
    However, to use any one source as your sole means of learning is straight up
    stupid, and it's this type of thinking that litters the MCSE landscape with
    paper certs. Memorizing only what you need to know is a surefire way to
    fail. That chunk of wisdom is free. Next time, you gotta pay.
    This should be blatantly obvious, and the fact that it needs to be said at
    all speaks volumes of the type of people taht want to be certified. Kudos to
    you for actually bringing it up, but it shouldn't have to be said. Is it not
    common sense to actually try to understand what it is *you're trying to
    understand*?
    You can do it with home study. You can do it without home study. However you
    do it, make sure you have more than Transcenders under your belt. At
    minimum, you need to have built yourself (at least a virtual) home network.
    Forgive me, but I have no idea what you just said.
    Good points. Classes can be good, but they don't fully prepare you for
    what's to come. And are you complaining that they give you 25% extra
    information? If I'm paying for a class, I'm appreciative of every piece of
    information they give me beyond what's required of them. If I'm in an MCSE
    class, and they start rambling about Linux, it's not important, but I'll at
    least pay attention, because you never know when that's going to come up in
    the real world.
    Most of it didn't, but nice try.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "13YO thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 25, 2005
  9. here here! And the lord said that shall not use they neighbors test king or
    by the kingdom be dammed to all eternity as a paper MCSE more commonly known
    as an ass?uc???!

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 25, 2005
  10. here here! And the lord said that shall not use they neighbors test king or
    amen.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2005
  11. Chris

    Neil Guest

    what is this thing of which you speak?

    Neil, Jan 25, 2005