    build a study lab. Any links to study labs or any other information.

    Is it really possible to get certified using self study?

    Thank you

    Chris, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Chris

    Consultant Guest

    mcse for dummies
    83 systems

    Consultant, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Chris

    Neil Guest

    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-up

    Neil, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Chris

    catwalker63 Guest

    I just answered this question. Please to use Google for the answer.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 19, 2005
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    It's been great discussing MCSE certification with you guys on this NG,
    you've all been too kind.

    Thanks for your help, I hope you get the same service as I have had when you
    need information.

    Chris, Jan 20, 2005
  6. Chris

    catwalker63 Guest

    You get what you put into it. There is a very nice answer on this topic
    in this news group from me if you can manage to find the strength to look
    for it. Think of it as training for your future in IT if you decide this
    field is for you. You won't survive if you have to be fed the answers
    and you will burn out quick if you don't get a sense of humor and learn
    not to take things so personally.

    catwalker63, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I've been in the IT industry for nearly 20 years, so I'm in my mid 40's.

    My Organization is slowly moving it's support operations to India and wanted
    to be in a competitive postion.

    I looked at doing the certifcation in the past but with sortage of funds and
    young children, I never managed to get around to going anything. I feel
    with my current skills and the certification I would be at some advantage as
    my age is not.

    I want to learn things properly, there are some things I already know.
    Others things will be new to me. But I was not sure if it's possible to do
    this using the self study method. I'm interested in cheat sheets.

    Thank you

    Chris, Jan 20, 2005
  8. ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!11!!1!!!!!!!

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 20, 2005
  9. Cause and effect?
    Oh, they'll be competitive alright. Your clients will drop your products
    when they can't understand a word your support personnel are saying.
    You have a s(h)ortage of young children? I think I might can steer you in
    the right direction for this. First, get a wife, preferably of
    child-bearing age. Let me know if you need help from that point.
    You state first that you want to learn things properly, then end the
    sentence with "I'm interested in cheat sheets." Which is it?
    No, Thank YOU!

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 20, 2005
  10. Chris

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In
    This, sir, is why you did not get any answers you were looking for. Two
    things wrong:
    1) You can't make up your mind
    2) You would like to cheat.

    So in summation: Up and down, then across.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768's mother told him to clean his room. Instead, he visited
    www.mcngp.com.

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 20, 2005
  11. Chris

    LnkWizard Guest

    As a "member" of our industry you ought to be rather embarrassed by
    the above statement. Anyone who has been around as long as you have
    should be mortified at even entertaining such a thought. That is exactly
    why
    our positions are being outsourced, [email protected], cheat sheet using
    [email protected], who have cheapened and denigrated a previously useful
    certification.

    I too was in a similar position, but instead of cheating my way
    into a cert, I studied my A$$ off, practiced on a home network,
    and earned my cert the proper way. I now have a decent job and
    am furthering my skills and education to help me find a better
    one in the future. This despite my age and disabilities.

    A little research on your part would have found the almost perfect
    answer provided by catwalker63. However in the interest of saving
    our time listening to you whine about our unhelpful help, here goes my
    answer to your often repeated question:

    The ability to learn and pass the certification tests using
    self study methods is entirely dependent upon the discipline,
    learning style, and equipment resources of the individual doing the
    studying. Whereas some persons can learn using self study methods
    others find it easier to learn in a lecture environment, and others
    prefer a guided demonstration/performance (hands-on learning)
    style of of education.

    In simpler terms, how you learn is based on your learning style,
    figure it out and you are on your way to achieving the certification
    you desire. However, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and
    don't become an a$$fscker and cheat your way into the certifications.

    My $.02

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    Visit http://www.mcngp.com and learn the meaning of life.

    LnkWizard, Jan 20, 2005
  12. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Sorry, I meant to say NOT looking for cheat sheets, wanting to do it
    correctly and I'm making enquires of what is required in terms of books and
    equipment.

    Thank you

    Chris, Jan 20, 2005
  13. <Emily Latella>
    Oh... That's DIFFERENT!

    Nevermind.
    </Emily Latella>

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 20, 2005
  14. I want to learn things properly, there are some things I already know.
    With 20+ years in IT, you would have no problem learning the topics
    required for the ms exams.

    One of the best things about ms is the amount of free information
    about their products, you only have to look at the mcsd and technet
    sites to see this. Books, there plenty of them, some good, some crap,
    best see the reviews on amazon or barns noble.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 20, 2005
  15. Chris

    Chris Guest

    This has put me in very poor light, I not after cheat sheets.

    If I was I would use the search engine other means, not a NG, as explained
    this was a typo.

    I used this NG to gain information but got flamed down for no reason.

    I'm posting this to right group but don't understand why some of you are so
    rude.

    Kline Sphere thanks for you vaild comments, is there specfic books you can
    recommend or links, which exam to study for first?

    Thank You!

    Chris, Jan 20, 2005
  16. The key words were "cheat sheets". No other reason. If
    you had not corrected your post... I am fairly sure that
    Kline Sphere's response would have been a 1 word
    (hyphenated) response.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Jan 20, 2005
  17. Yes, it did.
    No reason? Read your previous two statements.
    Again, read first two statements. Do you condone cheating? We, generally
    as a group, do not.
    Kline WOULD have flamed you in exactly the same manner as the rest of us,
    except that he apparently read your CORRECTION before replying. Get it now?
    You made a typo. A BIG typo. You omitted a word. A WHOLE word. Which
    completely changes the meaning of the sentence. After your undies were
    toasted, you then corrected the misconception, and as such your apology was
    accepted. Do not continue now with calling the bulk of us rude for flaming
    you with "no reason." We do and will continue to flame IDOTS who puport to
    get leads on [email protected] You've explained yourself, now move on.
    No, thank YOU!

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 20, 2005
  18. Chris

    Neil Guest

    pimp

    Neil, Jan 20, 2005
  19. I'm posting this to right group but don't understand why some of you are so
    many people, including me, take a very dim view to cheats and lazy
    a$$holes. To me, these morons have destroyed the value of ms certs and
    have no business in our profession. I lash out at these 'people'
    without any remorse for them.

    For you and the rest of us, the information that is available to every
    one of use with an internet connection, is truly awesome.

    Everything you need is at your fingertips and by researching the
    information for yourself, can only increase your knowledge and
    understanding.

    I very much doubt you will find a question which has not been answered
    many times before. if you do have a question which has never been
    asked, and therefore answered before, people will help.

    But let's take one of your questions, 'which exam to study for
    first?'. In the cold light of day it does seem a real daft question!
    Why? for two reasons: -

    1 - No one know's anything about your background.

    2 - You already know the answer yourself! The answer for which, would
    be derived based on your own experience and understanding of the exam
    topics. In any case, some people will say one exam(s) while others
    with state others, all of which may be irrelevant to you.

    Also...

    If you can spare the bucks, get on a good training course (or two)
    with a proven training provided; and remember cheap is not always
    best. Avoid boot camps is my advice as well.

    Good luck.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 20, 2005
  20. The key words were "cheat sheets". No other reason. If
    you are correct kind sir.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 20, 2005