    ;-)

    Claude Lachapelle
    Systems Administrator, MCSE

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 19, 2008

  2. I found some posts tolding that is the 70-293 & 70-294... do Microsoft have
    document confirming this.

    Thanks.

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 19, 2008

  3. That is correct. You can take 293 and 294 to do the upgrade instead of 296.

    As such (had you not passed 292) you could have taken 290 and 291 instead of
    292

    .rev [askthemct.com], Mar 19, 2008
  4. Hi,
    You DID register for you "second shot" did you not? In that case you have a
    free second exam and you can take that as late as june 2008.
    I'm going to do my 292 and 296 next week as well. At first I didn't see the
    use of the 2003 upgrade but.... the 2008 upgrade can only be done from the
    2003 cert. So.... ;-)

    Bonno

    Bonno Bloksma, Mar 21, 2008
  5. Since those exams are expiring end of March 2008. I think even if we have a
    second shot voucher, that will be impossible to schedule them a second time
    after.

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 21, 2008
  6. Hi,

    Huh? I was given to understand second shot vouchers were viable til the end
    of june?

    Bonno Bloksma, Mar 21, 2008
  7. Vouchers, not exams... ehehehehehehe!

    Claude Lachapelle, Mar 21, 2008
  8. Hi,
    Grrr, great of them not to tell me. Oh, well, in all those years I have been
    taking CNE and MCSE exams I have not failes one yet so I just have to make
    sure I don't fail this time.
    And... I might still have time if I fail one, my 292 is on wednesday, my 296
    on friday. March 31st is the next monday. ;-)

    Bonno

    Bonno Bloksma, Mar 22, 2008
  9. Great of "who" not to tell you "what" exactly?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 22, 2008
  10. Hi,
    Great of the people who told me the Second shot program had been extended to
    june not to tell me it did NOT include the chance to take the exams during
    that extention That pretty much makes the entire extention of the second
    shot program useless. So I don't get it but, so be it.

    Hmm I'm still at CNE, MSCE2000. Was almost CNI and equivalent for MS when
    the training economy collapsed and several bussineses when belly up in 2001.
    :-(

    Bonno Bloksma, Mar 22, 2008
  11. Claude Lachapelle

    Chaz_001 Guest

    Not for people taking other Microsoft exams though. The second shot voucher
    offer is valid for all Microsoft exams....not just 70-292 and 70-296.

    Chaz_001, Mar 22, 2008
  12. Passed with 700! No needs to take 70-293 & 70-294 anymore, youhou!

    Now, I'm looking for 70-649 upgrade exam... to earn these MCTS certifications:

    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
    and
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration
    and
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration

    And after that, what's next? MCITP:Server Administrator, MCITP:Enterprise
    Administrator... 2 more exams, on verra.

    Claude Lachapelle, Apr 1, 2008