MCSD?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by JimIT, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. JimIT

    JimIT Guest

    Hi,

    I am a an experienced .NET developer who'd never really gone down the
    certifications track until now. I'm trying to decide between the MCSD for
    ..NET and the MCPD:Enterprise Applications Developer.

    In a couple of the posts I've seen here it has been suggested that getting
    the MCSD and then upgrading to MCPD is the best way to go, the MCSD being
    more well known in the IT industry than the relatively new MCPD. Given that
    however, is it really worth it taking all 5 exams for the MCSD then the 2
    upgrade exams for the MCPD , a total of 7 exams (with all the associated
    costs - money, time, etc)?

    Furthermore, I really think Microsoft should re-evaluate their decision to
    require refresher exams every three years for the MCPD instead of just
    versioning it like the MCTS. At the rate the .NET versions are coming your
    MCPD will have expired by the time you move the next version of .NET.

    Please feel free to respond with your thoughts or suggestions.

    JimIT, Dec 1, 2007