    I got my VS 6.0 MCSD six years ago and now I would like to get the .NET one.
    Am I eligible for upgrade exams, or do I have to take all exams regardless of
    my old MCSD? Thanks.

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sorry, if you have an MCSD in Visual Studio 6, you cannot just take the
    upgrade exams to get your MCPD, etc.
    On the plus side, if you look at the "skills being measured" for the upgrade
    exams, you will find that it is almost the exact same content as the regular
    exams. In other words, regardless of whether you study for the regular MCPD
    exams or the upgrade exams, you have to study the exact same things.
    Of course, since you are taking the regular exams, you will have to answer
    more questions than your upgrading brethren [because of there being more
    exams]. More questions means not understanding a section and getting it wrong
    hurts you less than one taking upgrade exams since they have fewer questions
    that they are allowed to get wrong.

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007