    and test. When will the cert test be changing to reflect 3.5? I dont want
    to by books now and have to buy new ones because hte cert changes next
    month.

    Keht, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Yes, you can still do the MCSD .Net cert.
    No, it won't be changing for 3.5 - MCSD will always be for 1.x.
    And as long as there are HR people who don't know about the MCTS/MCPD
    certifications, it will always be valuable.

    LarryWestMCSD, Dec 4, 2007

  3. Gerry O'Brien [MSFT], Dec 6, 2007
  4. Keht

    Cam Drab Guest

    Cam Drab, Dec 6, 2007
  5. What kind of back up do you want?

    The certifications will retire with main stream product support. When
    mainstream product support retires for .NET 1.1, so will these
    certifications.

    Gerry

    Gerry O'Brien [MSFT], Dec 14, 2007
  6. Of course by your logic, then, we should all simply wait for the 2008 exams.
    2.X is in the same boat as 1.X now that 3.5 is released. After all, why go
    to the trouble of certifing for any obsolete technology? ; )

    Internet User, Dec 24, 2007