    before taking anymore or not. Will I have to resit this exam or resit
    an upgrade exam for 70-315 when the new beta exams are released?

    -Arif

    Arif, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Arif

    EggHead Guest

    I do not have any info in the upgrade path. However, I will not wait at all.
    It is b'cos:

    (1) If there is an upgrade path, the total # of exams that you take
    (MCSD.net 1.0 + upgrade exam or exams) will be equal to start from nothing
    for .net 2.0 path.
    (2) It takes a while for M$ to set up the new MCSD.net 2.0 path.

    Of course, if you need at least 1/2 yrs to pass one exam, you should wait
    for the new 2.0 path. By the time you almost done the MCSD.net 1.0 path, the
    ..net 1.0 exams are retired and you left only MCP.

    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Arif

    Guest Guest

    An upgrade path typically means you take either a fewer set of exams in 2.0
    or you take some specific exams designed for upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0. Of
    course, the only fact known is that MS will probably release an upgrade path
    for 2.0. Beyond that the details are not known.

    The reasons NOT to wait for 2.0 exams are

    * 2.0 is being released only in Nov this year. After that it would be
    atleast a good 2-3 months before the betas come out. And add another 2 more
    months before the exams are finally released. So, all this means, you have to
    wait for atleast 5 months to take the 2.0 exams (if you don't want to take
    the betas)

    * Once you achieve certification in ver 1.0, your credentials always hold
    good. Remember, MS only retires the exams NOT the certifications you achieve.
    This means, you can achieve the certification now and later on decide to
    whether do the same on 2.0 or not

    * New product versions will always be constantly released. So, even if you
    do it on 2.0, what about when Orcas (.Net 3.0) is released ?

    Therfore, focus on the platform and the technology rather than the versions !

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Arif

    Guest Guest

    Please see my comments inline !

    ---> VERY TRUE !
    ---> Even though the exams might be retired, your certification NEVER
    expires. That's been the case so far and expect will be the case going
    forward as well !

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  5. Arif

    EggHead Guest

    Hi,

    I think you miss my pt. I mean cannot complete the MCSD.net 1.0 path before
    the net 1.0 exams retire.

    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 29, 2005
  6. Arif

    Guest Guest

    Okay, I get it !

    However, 1.0 exams will not be retired immediately when the 2.0 exams are
    introduced. According to MS, "Announcements of exams that are scheduled for
    discontinuation will be made once a year in June" (Link :
    http://tinyurl.com/2rfpk). This means 1.0 exams will be valid atleast for
    another 2 years from now (Assuming they make the announcement next June to
    retire the current .Net exams)

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  7. Arif

    Guest Guest

    plus... as a practical example.

    Its easier to understand what a datagridview (.net 2.0) is if you understand
    what a datagrid (.net 1.0) is.

    Guest, Jul 3, 2005